Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Calling Banner Procedure

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Calling Banner Procedure
 Login/Join

posted
using function manual - accessing a function in developer studio indicates that webfocus can call a banner procedure if configured correctly..has anyone called a banner procedure named "f_get_address_rowid" from webfocus?

I am trying to get a single address from SPRADDR for a student who in the banner database has a local, billing, and permanent address. I would like to pass a parameter list like "BLP" indicating that if the student has a billing address, choose that one, next local, and finally permanent address.

Basically I guess this is the old focus program ASFOCA but for webfocus.

Posts: 2 | Location: Commerce, TX | Registered: July 26, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Basically I guess this is the old focus program ASFOCA but for webfocus.

As an addendum to this persons request, ASFOCA was an SCT written routine specifically for returning the selected address, not a general user written subroutine.

JBridges did you recently convert to Banner, would like to speak offline if so.

Thanks.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am looking to call banner procedures. Were you able to figure it out?

posted Hide Post
First, disclaimers: I'm new to Focus and didn't use the ASFOCA procedure in SIS.

This problem has been on my todo list for a while and this is the logic I plan to use:

1. Get the PIDMs of all the students you want. Store in HOLD1

2. Combine all the address types for each student in HOLD1 to one field.
ATYPES /A50 = IF (SFRSTCR_PIDM EQ LAST SFRSTCR_PIDM) THEN (SPRADDR_ATYP_CODE||'_'||SUBSTR(30,ATYPES,1,30,30,'A30')) ELSE SPRADDR_ATYP_CODE||'_';

3. Store PIDM and combined address types field in HOLD2

4. Join HOLD2 to SPRADDR. Create another hold file (HOLD3) with just PIDM and TYPE2USE testing for address type priority.
Address type testing is done in priority of importance. BI is more important than MA, etc.
TYPE2USE /A25 = IF (ATYPES CONTAINS 'BI_') THEN 'BI' ELSE
IF (ATYPES CONTAINS 'MA_') THEN 'MA' ELSE
IF (ATYPES CONTAINS 'AH_') THEN 'AH' ELSE
'Types Wanted Not Found' ;

5. Join HOLD3 back to SPRADDR where (SPRADDR_ATYP_CODE EQ TYPE2USE)

6. Planned to search for 'Types Wanted Not Found' to generate an exception report.

Lots of details left out but I had this about 80% complete the last time I worked on it.

Mike Honeycutt
honeycutt@unca.edu
UNC Asheville

WebFocus 7.6.6, Windows

Posts: 17 | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I finished the program and, at least for my needs, it works.

Briefly, you assign the address types to global variables in order of importance and the program returns an Excel spreadsheet with
the address information for each person.

I'm not sure of the protocol for posting programs here (it is over 150 lines long) but I'd be happy to share the code with anyone.

Mike Honeycutt
UNC Asheville
honeycutt@unca.edu

WebFocus 7.6.6, Windows

Posts: 17 | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post