Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Maintain -- Clicking the Date Widget kills the Application on the Server

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Maintain -- Clicking the Date Widget kills the Application on the Server
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Here's a new one folks! I have smart-date fields in a stack that are attached to text fields on my form, and as expected I get the little date widget next to them at run time.

The date widget appears to work correctly. It pops up, allows me to click a selected date and it populates correctly.

On my next call to the server I get this:

(FOC03847) RESUME: Application previously closed (no context).

Simply clicking on the date widget is sufficient to cause the error -- I don't need to use it. I can type in data values by hand and all works correctly. It appears the widgets are ruining my day.

Any insight?

J.

WF 7.6 on Win2003

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've decided to not sleep until someone responds to this post. I have a pitcher of Iced Tea, a bottle of NoDoz and a fresh tin of chewing tobacco on hand should it come to that. I have no doubt that somewhere hidden in the deep recesses of expertise embodied by the members of this forum there is an answer to this problem.

Option 2 is to tell me to reinstall so I can get some rest.

J.

Master
posted Hide Post
John
I have seen this behavior when the version of the calendar JS files are different than the current version of the desktop. The best thing that I can recommend is to get the current version of the 3 JS files needed to create the calendar and re-embed them on the form.

The 3 files, BrowserSniffer.js, DynCalendar.js and CalendarInit.js can be found in:
IBI\DevStudio52\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\maint

Please remove the ones that are embedded in the form, and re-embed this, in the above order.

Also, please check that you are applying a CSS file correctly to the form. This is done with the statement:
form1.cssname = '/approot/calendar/mnt_blue.css'; -* enter your css file and application name.

If neither of these changes help, please zip up the MNT, MAS, JS and CSS files and send them to me at Mark_Derwin@ibi.com.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

Apparently this is "SOLVED"? Please let me know how it turned out.

J.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

By the way, it did indeed solve the problem. I am very uncomfortable with that tag being placed on the threads, particularly when not done by the original poster.

J.