Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Drop down box not populating

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Drop down box not populating
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,

I'm using dev studio version 7.1. I have an HTML Launch page that calls a .fex file. I'm passing a parameter to the html file and hoping to display the values of field that the parameter looks in in a dropdown box. I have set the properties of the dropdown box as dynamic and specified the datasource and the value field and the display field, but I get nothing when I run the html page.No list is populated for me.

Appreciate any help

WebFocus 7.1
Developer Studio

Posts: 35 | Location: Tallahassee,Florida | Registered: March 16, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Assuming your population of the selection as dynamic in the original FEX, do you see in the parameters list in the HTML tool the same information? Also, when you say dynamic, I've not seen it allow you to set display values. If a fex is building the parameter list for the html page be sure the output of it is XML. By that I mean the fex is only generating the parameter list not any report.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You need to put [code][/code] tags around your code.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robab:
Hi Leah,

Thank you for responding.

In my html page, I'm using "dynamic" for the Control Values of the combobox that's supposed to populate the field for the parameter in .fex file and I'm using the master file that's used for the .fex file as the as the datasource for the combobox field.
The is what my html code looks like:

<BODY bgColor=#999999>
<INPUT language=java_script id=combobox1 onkeydown=combobox1_onkeydown[this) style="LEFT: 110px; WIDTH: 150px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 20px; HEIGHT: 30px" tabIndex=1 accept=0 size=0 name=NAME sourcetype="typeMaster" datafieldtype="INTEGER" datatype="1" datasource="sprobab.mas" operation="NONE" addalloption="0" datafield="@RETURN_VALUE" displayfield="@RETURN_VALUE" multiple="false"> 
<INPUT language=java_script id=button1 style="Z-INDEX: 3; LEFT: 540px; WIDTH: 180px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 22px; HEIGHT: 30px" onclick=button1_OnClick[this) tabIndex=3 type=button size=25 value=SEARCH name=button1 requests_list="10"> 
<INPUT language=java_script id=button2 style="Z-INDEX: 4; LEFT: 730px; WIDTH: 180px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 20px; HEIGHT: 30px" onclick=button2_OnClick[this) tabIndex=4 type=button size=18 value="Display All Employees" name=button2 datasource="sprobab.mas" requests_list="8" autoExecute="True"> 
<SPAN id=text1 style="Z-INDEX: 5; LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 20px; HEIGHT: 32px" tabIndex=5>Last Name 
</SPAN>
<iframe id=myframe style="Z-INDEX: 6; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #666699; LEFT: 10px; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #666699; WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: outset; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #666699; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: outset; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: outset; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 100px; HEIGHT: 93%; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #666699; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: outset" tabIndex=6 name=iframe1 src="http://servername.address:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=getcontactsexternal-1.fex" ;>
</IFRAME>  
<SELECT id=combobox2 style="Z-INDEX: 3; LEFT: 270px; WIDTH: 250px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 20px" tabIndex=2 name=ORG sourcetype="typeMaster" datafieldtype="CHAR" datatype="1" datasource="sprobab.mas" operation="NONE" addalloption="1" datafield="ORGANIZATION" displayfield="ORGANIZATION" accept="0">
</SELECT>  
<xml id=ibi_requests>
<requests>

<request requestid="8" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="0" targetname="iframe1" ibif_ex="getcontactsinternal-1.fex" ibic_server="EDASERVE" ibiapp_app="dcatest ibisamp ibinccen baseapp">

<variables/>

</request>

<request requestid="10" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="0" targetname="iframe1" ibif_ex="getcontactsexternal-3.fex" ibic_server="EDASERVE" ibiapp_app="dcatest ibisamp ibinccen baseapp">

<variables>

<variable field="" file="sprobab.mas" desc="" datatype="0" operation="" name="NAME" accept="0" type="unresolved" select="0">

</variable>

<variable field="" file="sprobab.mas" desc="" datatype="0" operation="" name="ORG" accept="0" type="unresolved" select="0">

</variable>

</variables>

</request>
</requests>
</xml>
</BODY>
</HTML>

My FEX file is:

DEFINE FILE SPROBAB
L_NAME/A40V=UPCASE(40, LASTNAME, 'A40V');
F_NAME/A30V=UPCASE(30,FIRSTNAME, 'A30V');
END
-*IF &NAME EQ '' GOTO PRINTALL;
-*GOTIT

-*GOTIT
TABLE FILE SPROBAB
PRINT
     FIRSTNAME AS 'FIRST NAME'
     LASTNAME AS 'LAST NAME'
     BUSINESSPHONENUMBER AS 'BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER'
     EMAIL
     ORGANIZATION
WHERE L_NAME LIKE '&NAME1.%' OR F_NAME LIKE '&NAME1.%';
WHERE ORGANIZATION EQ '&ORG';

Thank you

WebFocus 7.1
Developer Studio

Posts: 35 | Location: Tallahassee,Florida | Registered: March 16, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It did work for us. I checked the contents within my in my htm file, and we do have an attribut ibiformat="A10", which you don't have. I am not sure this will cause issue or not. The other staff seems to be fine.

Is your data file in the target folder or in the different path? You may try to get data for the combobox from focexec dynamically (Note: format xml) to it will work for you. It does work for us too.

Posts: 118 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: June 12, 2003Report This Post
<lfrerker>
posted
We also use hold files (pchold format xml) to dynamically populate list boxes in html forms created with HTML Layout Painter. We noticed last week that all though the list boxes populate perfectly in IE, they do not populate in Firefox. I've opened a case with IBI and they are researching it. We are running 7.1.3 on LINUX w/ Solaris 5.9, Apache Tomcat.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thank you everybody for your help.
Lusheng,
My Focexc and my html files are in the same folder, and I did try to populate the dropdown box using the focexc and it didn't work either. I opened a case and ibi folks are researching it.

WebFocus 7.1
Developer Studio