Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Upgrading from 8008 to 8103

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Upgrading from 8008 to 8103
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I upgraded from 8008 to 8103. No errors during upgrade and I'm able to log into the application server fine on our web server.

I updated App Studio but when attempting to open it, I get a message saying,
"The environment you are being connected to is prior to release 8005 and cannot be supported."

Pressing OK removes my environments. When I attempt to add the environments back in, I get the same message when the web component attempts to authenticate.

I've cleared the cache on the application server.
Verified the version in the Administration Console is 8.1.03.
Verified App Studio is also 8.1.03.
Verified the Reporting server is 8.1.03.

From the workstation where App Studio is installed, I have not issues logging into the Administration Console.

I've cleared out wfscom.xml and tried adding the environments back in. Same issue.

Any ideas why App Studio thinks my environments are not 8103? Should I remove the older versions of App Studio and Dev Studio from my workstation? The upgrade doesn't do it and I've been hesitant to uninstall them manually.

Thanks,
Brian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF: 8.1.03, OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Output formats: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 15 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
When you say upgraded, the client install actually let you upgrade from 8.00.8 to 8.1.3? My client is on Linux and it wouldn't let me upgrade, and IBI told me I needed to do a full install.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

posted Hide Post
Hi Matt,

I'm on Windows Server 2008 and the client had the option for update.

Maybe I should uninstall the old Dev Studio and App Studio and reinstall fresh.

Brian

Guru
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I haven't gone to App Studio yet, still working on my environment. Let me know how it goes.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

posted Hide Post
Hi Matt,

The update didn't update the securitysetting.xml on the application server and in AppStudio.

drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS81\config\securitysetting.xml
drive:\ibi\AppStudio\config\securitysetting.xml

After upgrading from an 80xx to an 81xx check the securitysettings.xml and make sure the line in the generalPreference section at the top of the file looks like:
value="SessionFixationProtectionStrategy"/><---------

And should NOT look like:

value="ConcurrentSessionControlStrategy"/>

I had to make these edits as well as reboot again after the edits were done.

Now I can connect properly to my environments.

Good luck,
Brian

Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Like I said, I haven't gotten that far. I am still trying to get my portals to run in 8.1.

I get a 500 error when trying to run a portal. Trying to understand what that issue is. I have a case open so hopefully I will get there soon.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
MattC- did you get your portals to run? We upgraded from 8.0.09 to 8.1.03 on our Dev server but I am having trouble getting the portals to come up for editing. Am getting the "WebFOCUS was not able to save portal customizations" and "Item does not exist: IBFS:/BIP/Portals/portalname" .
Thanks,
Barb

now WF8 Release 8.2.01M, Windows 2012 now in Production

Posts: 43 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 13, 2014Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Barb - I am process of upgrading and I just found out my issue ( I think). When I downloaded the 8.1.3 client my SiteCode was linked to a "bunk" 8.1 install.

I just down loaded the correct version and I was successfully able to upgrade, I just haven't deployed anything yet. I will let you know when I do.

Did you run the portal conversion?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes- I tried the portal conversion tool- but it only 'saw' my earlier portal versions from 7.7.01, 7.7.03, and 7.7.05 (not the 8.0.09). Sorry-but what do you mean by a 'bunk' 8.1 install? And how did you find out?
Thanks,
Barb

Guru
posted Hide Post
Pure luck and frustration. I down loaded it the first day it came out, then I went out there today and down loaded it again.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hmm- ours is Product Release 8.1; service pack 0.3; Build Version branch 8103. With Apache Tomcat/7.0.33. I'd be interested to hear how your portals go...

posted Hide Post
Hi Matt,

Did you do the full install and migration? My upgrade is working with no apparent issues yet. I was told by someone at IBI afterwards the recommended update procedure is to do the full install and migrate.

Also they said 8.1.05 is coming out around June. 8.1.03 is more of a hot fix to address some immediate issues. So for those that don't need to upgrade yet, they should actually hold off or install 8.0.09 instead.

Guru
posted Hide Post
I was finally able to do an upgrade and portal conversion. Right now I am having an issue deploying ibi_apps, but waiting on our Linux admin to adjust our CLASSPATH.

If this version is stable enough, we may use it. We want to start looking at the Responsive Design ability.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

posted Hide Post
We just did an upgrade as well and had the same issue with the app studio. we did a full install to correct that issue but am having a different issue now.

When adding or accessing a synonym that has measures defined in the Dimension View. It flags and error Filed to open cube synonym

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMG_MA:
We just did an upgrade as well and had the same issue with the app studio. we did a full install to correct that issue but am having a different issue now.

When adding or accessing a synonym that has measures defined in the Dimension View. It flags and error Filed to open cube synonym APPNAME/APPSYNONYM

Detail Button shows:
(FOC32545) NTOLAP - HIERARCHY NOT FOUND FIELD FILE_ID

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs