Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Compound PDF - two reports with one amper variable?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Compound PDF - two reports with one amper variable?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have created a compound PDF to consolidate a Customer Sales report, and a Customer Credit report.

Both the Sales and the Credit report take in an amper of CUST_NUM and work fine using the autoprompt on their own. When I add them to a compound PDF and run it I am prompted with one box for "CUST_NUM" and only the first report shows any data. The second report doesn't seem to be getting the value from the autoprompt.

Below is the code for my compound PDF report. where the "-INCLUDE" is my reports.

SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
UNITS=IN, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='0.5^0.5^0.5^0.5', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, PAGESIZE=Letter, $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page layout 1', text='Page layout 1', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5,
TOPMARGIN=0.5, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5,TOPMARGIN=0.5,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,', $
COMPONENT='report1', TEXT='report1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.104 0.104), DIMENSION=(5.476 1.329),
METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 0.104in; OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 5.476in; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0.104in; HEIGHT: 1.329in', $
COMPONENT='report2', TEXT='report2', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.100 1.460), DIMENSION=(6.272 0.832),
METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 0.1in; OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 6.272in; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 1.46in; HEIGHT: 0.832in', $
END
SET COMPONENT='report1'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE app/00_cust_header
SET COMPONENT='report2'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE app/credit_and_ar_info
COMPOUND END

Anyone know how to make CUST_NUM available to both of these reports?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jason K.,

Here is a process I use, when, AUTOPROMPTER is in play:

-PROMPT &FY.(FIND FISCAL_YEAR IN SL_YEARS).Select Fiscal Year.

SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
UNITS=IN, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='0.5^0.5^0.5^0.5', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, PAGESIZE=Letter, $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page layout 1', text='Page layout 1', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5,
TOPMARGIN=0.5, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5,TOPMARGIN=0.5,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,', $
COMPONENT='report1', TEXT='report1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.104 0.104), DIMENSION=(5.476 1.329),
METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 0.104in; OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 5.476in; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0.104in; HEIGHT: 1.329in', $
COMPONENT='report2', TEXT='report2', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.100 1.460), DIMENSION=(6.272 0.832),
METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 0.1in; OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 6.272in; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 1.46in; HEIGHT: 0.832in', $
END
SET COMPONENT='report1'
-*component_type report
EXEC app/00_cust_header FY=&FY
SET COMPONENT='report2'
-*component_type report
EXEC app/credit_and_ar_info FY=&FY
COMPOUND END

This is one option, there are others, as I'm sure, they will follow.

I noticed you don't have COMPOUND=OPEN nor COMPOUND=CLOSE prior to your -INCLUDES.
Probably have them in the fex, or, ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN FOR 1, CLOSE for 2???

Hope this helps...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick response Tom. I changed the report to the EXEC rather than include, and added the amper passing, but got errors of "Can't find fex" Tried adding .fex to the end and gave up in order to try your other suggestion of

ON TABLE commands to set the PDF OPEN PDF CLOSE NOBREAK within the reporting fexes. I looked at the manual, and this makes sense. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the problem of the CUST_NUM variable not being passed.

So, I guess we're back to the FY=&FY example you gave, and getting the "Can't find Fex" error. This is all in Managed Reporting, does that make a difference?

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hey Jason,

Yes, MRE is different...

Did you try removing app/?

EXEC 00_cust_header FY=&FY

Actually, with the -PROMPT now, your -INCLUDE's should work.

WHERE FISCAL_YEAR EQ &FY;

in both fex's
CUST_NUM for you

Another example:

SET COMPOUND=OPEN
SET COMPONENT='report1'
-*component_type report
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE 00_cust_header
SET COMPONENT='report2'
-*component_type report
SET COMPOUND=CLOSE
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE credit_and_ar_info
COMPOUND END

You "may" need the app/ with the above in MRE...

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This shouldn't be a problem (I guess you already figured that part out) because we have used this frequently. A couple of things to try--

See if you can copy and past your code into the fex instead of -INCLUDEing it and see if that works. If so then it has to do with the fact you are using -INCLUDE. Also try using -SET &ECHO=ALL; at the beginning of the fex and then turn on your Message Viewer (little down arrow by the run button in Dev Studio) so you can see the code generated. That will verify if indeed you are missing the parm value or if there is something else wrong. BTW: You should NOT have to use any OPEN/CLOSE syntax within the fexes with this new method of creating compound reports. They only need ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Tom,
Thanks for your help on this. It's working now!

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jason,

You're welcome. Glad "YOU" worked it out.

Good Job!!!

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It's very helpful for future users of the forum (and only fitting since you're receiving some benefit that you give some back) for you to post what you did to resolve the problem. That allows someone else to find a complete solution on their own by just searching. Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as [SOLVED].

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Although you worked this out I would suggest to add this line...

SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
-DEFAULT &CUST_NUM=;

We have several compound reports like this and the run fine.

and maybe add a RUN after each INCLUDE

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post