Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] How to update table using Webfocus Report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] How to update table using Webfocus Report
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All,

I just started using Webfocus and have question regarding inputing values to report.

User have to input a field(number) and that has to be saved into the tables(just that entered field should get updated in the table for that record).

Please let me know how we can achieve this.

EX: name address No (enter ID)
name2 address2 No2 (enter ID)

Source table: DB2

HR dept will enter ID's manually for each name and that has to be saved into our tables.

How to create a submit next to text box after they enter ID and also how that submit works for update table

Thank you for your help

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Harshitha,
The requirement can be achieved using WebFOCUS Maintain.
For initial understanding go through the WebFOCUS Maintain topic in Developer studio help file,this will be helpful.

WF 8.1.04,Infoassist,Oracle, Excel, PDF,HTML.

Master
posted Hide Post
From the report you can create a drill down on any column. From that you would launch a Maintain application that would display the selected record and allow you to input / update data depending on your needs. You can then save it back to the database. You can use the Update Assist Maintain tool to easily build the form based on the fields in your Master File.

Please note that Maintain does require an additional license.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will see if we have license for Maintain and try that.

Thank you for your response

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Using HTML Forms you can create elements like text box, list box and submit/reset button.
Then hyperlink the submit button to the fex file, in which you can either call a stored procedure to update DB2 table or you can create UPDATE statements directly in fex file itself.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ram.

What I did is, created a launch page and when the user clicks the ID field, launch page is going to show up(added htm in fex file), when user enters a value and hits submit to fex file which has update sql code.

But I want to show more details in Launch page so that users don't get confused like pass the values from drill down to launch page...my fex that runs to show launch page just has the htm link...

Please advice how to pass parameters to launch page when they click particular record.

Thank you,
Harshitha

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Harshitha,

Please open a case on InfoResponse Online for this issue.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn

Report This Post