Focal Point
[CLOSED] Wanted No Report Caster warning

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5077096576

April 21, 2015, 08:56 AM
Fernando
[CLOSED] Wanted No Report Caster warning
I have a Report Caster job that most of the time does not create a report. It shows: "No report to distribute." at the bottom of the job and generates a warning in Report Caster.

I do not want a warning and I can not turn off the global setting for no report equals no warning (other schedules with no report are truly warnings).

I have tried setting:

-SET &&KILL_RPC = 'Y';
-SET &&KILL_RPC_NRT = 'Y';
-SET &&KILL_RPC_ERR = 'Y';

and this:

-SET &&KILL_RPC = 'Y';
-SET &&KILL_RPC_NRT = 'Y';
-SET &&KILL_RPC_ERR = 'N';

Stil a wrning appears:

Help

Fernando

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03
April 21, 2015, 10:14 AM
SWES
Hello Fernando,

Just to let you know that I have tried to find a solution for this many times, unfortunately without result.

previous post

previous post 2

previous post 3

I have also tried to prevent the 'Last Job Status: Error' by use of an Alert Report. This does not make any difference, when no report is distributed it still shows as an 'Error'. Besides, the correct working of the Alert Reports is questionable to me.

Frowner

Hopefully there will be a solution for this some day,

SWES

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup
April 21, 2015, 11:21 AM
Francis Mariani
If there is no report to create (&LINES is 0) got to a section of the code to generate a report that states "There is no report to generate", thus overriding the error. The only inconvenience to this is that an irrelevant report is created and distributed.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
May 07, 2015, 04:37 PM
Carol Dobson
SET EMPTYREPORT = ON

Will generate an empty report with headings/footings if that's what you're looking for.

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2k3