Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Local Reporting server does not start

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Local Reporting server does not start
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,
I have installed web focus 7.1.7 on Windows XP.

When I run the web focus exe, the local reporting server does not start automatically.
The developer studio screen comes up.
If I run the html file on reporting server, it comes up with message " EDA server not found"

Why is the local reporting server not starting when I start developer studio?

Thanks
Kar

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Look at DevStudio options:
'Start local WebFOCUS Server'
'Start local Web Server'
'Stop local WebFOCUS Server on exit'
'Stop local Web Server on exit'

WF 7.6.2, WinNT/2K, MSSQL 2K, MSOLAP 2K, BID

Posts: 79 | Location: Moscow | Registered: April 27, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
And, if the above seems to be set ok, then you should see a new a new DOS command window opened up when DevStudio starts. This is used to start the server in. If there is any error when starting the server, it will be contained in this new command window.
One of the problem may be that you, under your own name, are not allowed to start the server. This happens often in shops where DevStudio is installed from a central (scripted) install.
The way to remedy that is to edit the admin.cfg file in the profiles directory under the ibi install dir. It usually contains only one entry:
admin_id = Administrator
BEGIN
  admin_level = SRV
END

Just copy this block and change Administrator to your own logonid.

Hope this helps.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I have checked the options to start the local web server.
I have also added the windows login id to admn.cfg.

The local reporting server still does not start.
The small DOS window does not start in the background while the developer studio screen comes on.

Any other help/ clues will be appreciated.

Regards

kat

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kar,

Have you tried to start local reporting server by hand?
"Start with alternative security modes".

Try them, if it's not possible - look in odin.cfg.

(Or post it here)

Regards,
Alex

WF 7.6.2, WinNT/2K, MSSQL 2K, MSOLAP 2K, BID

Posts: 79 | Location: Moscow | Registered: April 27, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I can start outside webf focus by hand.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
here is the file

;-- config file generated on 10/03/2007 16:48:04

;HTTP Listener
NODE = LST_HTTP
BEGIN
PROTOCOL = HTTP
PORT = 8121
CLASS = AGENT
SECURITY = IWA
END

;TCP Listener
NODE = LST_TCP
BEGIN
PROTOCOL = TCP
PORT = 8120
CLASS = AGENT
END

;TCP Loopback Client
NODE = LOOPBACK
BEGIN
PROTOCOL = TCP
CLASS = CLIENT
HOST = localhost
HTTP_PORT = 8121
PORT = 8120
SECURITY = IWA
END

;FOCUS Database Server
NODE = FOCSU
BEGIN
PROTOCOL = TCP
CLASS = SUSERVER
PORT = 8122
END

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
everything looks right, Dev Studio GUI starts up without a problem. The reporting Server can be started manually.

Kar, the ID you used to install Dev Studio, is that the same ID you're using now to start Dev Studio?