Focal Point
[SOLVED] Question with about the "POSITION" parameter/w PDF

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/515105081

July 14, 2009, 11:52 AM
tlbrydie2
[SOLVED] Question with about the "POSITION" parameter/w PDF
Hello,
I have a quick question values used with the "POSITION" parameter. I have Mickey's article in front of me and I've looked this up. Only to not find an answer.

My question is this: On a PDF formated report I know that POSITION=P5 puts my referenced field into the 5th column...

Without a "units=" statement in my stylesheet
What does POSITION=N5 do??

Thanks,
Timothy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.10 MRE
Oracle/Sybase
Test: DevStudio 7.6.6
WF Server 7.6.6
Report Caster 7.6.6
Web Server - Tomcat
MS Windows XP SP2
Output: HTML, Excel 2000 , PDF, CSV, DOC

July 14, 2009, 12:41 PM
Darin Lee
This is from "Identifying a Report Component in a WebFOCUS stylesheet" in the Creating Reports Language manual (emphasis added):

Nn Identifies a column by its position in the report. To determine this value, count vertical sort (BY) fields, display fields, and ROW-TOTAL fields, from left to right, including NOPRINT fields. For an example, see Identifying a Column of Data.

Pn Identifies a column by its position in the report. To determine the value of n, count vertical sort (BY) fields, display fields, and ROW-TOTAL fields from left to right. Do not count NOPRINT fields.

Cn Identifies a display column by its position in the report. To determine the value of n, count only display fields from left to right, including NOPRINT fields. Do not count vertical sort (BY) fields or ROW-TOTAL fields.

To select all display fields use C*.

Bn Identifies a vertical sort (BY) column by its position in the report. To determine the value of n, count only vertical sort (BY) fields, including NOPRINTs, from left to right.

To select all BY fields use B*.

field Identifies a column by its field name.

When a field occurs more than once, use field(n) to select a particular occurrence or field(*) to select all occurrences of the field.

ROWTOTAL Identifies a column of row totals generated using ROW-TOTAL. When used with ACROSS and multiple display commands, ROWTOTAL generates multiple total columns. Use ROWTOTAL(n) to select a particular total column. Use ROWTOTAL(field) to select the row total column for a particular field.

Use ROWTOTAL(*) to select all row total columns in the report.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
July 14, 2009, 12:55 PM
tlbrydie2
Thanks again Darin...

Timothy

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.10 MRE
Oracle/Sybase
Test: DevStudio 7.6.6
WF Server 7.6.6
Report Caster 7.6.6
Web Server - Tomcat