Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Webfocus 8 Matrix multiple across groups

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Webfocus 8 Matrix multiple across groups
 Login/Join

posted
I'm new to webfocus community. Trying to add multiple groups across for a matrix report. I was able to pull 5 daily counts across with date labels. However, I need to add a WTD, MTD, QTD, and YTD totals as groups as well. When I add the WTD column to the report, it groups it by the day and I end up getting a Daily and WTD column under each day. I need to have the WTD on the end as a total for the Week, then another column for Month To date and Year To date Totals. Is there a way to do this in Report Painter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
I think I have found an answer to my own question. It may not be the best solution but I was able to create a hold file for each grouping I needed ( DLY, WTD, MTD, QTD, YTD) with the exact same fields in each. In each Hold file I had a column for the year , a column that was GroupNum that had a number for each groups sort order from 1 through 5, DLY counts being 1 and YTD counts being 5, a column for the description of the group (date for daily, WTD, MTD, QTD, YTD), and then the column for the Counts which I named 'Total' for all 5 files. I Used the Universal Concatenation tool to pull them all together and save the results as my final hold tile. So when I created the final report, It had my row item grouped, and then added the other groups in the ACROSS groups and it sorted on the GroupNum so everything laid out correctly. If there is a better way, or easier way, I am open to ideas. Thank you.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs