As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.
Join the TIBCO Community TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.
From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.
Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.
We are in the process of testing and noticed that “–INCLUDE” no longer works in MRE. For the most part all of our reporting procedures are stored on the Reporting Server versus MRE, but I did have a couple of reports that were stored in MRE. My assumption is that since MRE is now stored in a repository, it can no longer see the includes.
Maybe there is another way to handle this now, I am not for sure. I was just curios if anyone else has run into this?
MattThis message has been edited. Last edited by: MattC,
Luckily for me, I don't have a lot of stuff in MRE. Most of my stuff is on the Reporting Server. I only have 2 dashboards with HTML's and some driving paramters in the HTML that are in MRE. I did have to go in and re-link my paramters.
I initially did do a migration from 7.7 to 8, but then changed course and begun building new Content Folders using the Resource Template. I didn't care of the old MRE structure and how it named it when it loaded it into the Repository.
It's been a challenging process to learn and if you are TOP Heavy in MRE, I would suggest consulting with IBI Support to help in migration.
As of 8x, all new procedures using –INCLUDEs that reference a file within the WF8 repository require full IBFS path qualification. Procedures created prior to 8x and migrated will have a secondary reference within the repository that is not exposed to the user in order to resolve any –INCLUDEs that are not fully qualified.
-MRNOEDIT includes still access files on the reporting server, rather than in the repository. For –MRNOEDIT –INCLUDE your procedure must reside on the reporting server within an application folder that is on the Reporting Server APP PATH.
For further assistance related to installation and configurations, please contact Information Builders’ Customer Support Services and open a case. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access the online system InfoResponse at http://techsupport.ibi.com. Here is a list of information to be ready when you call: http://techsupport.ibi.com/before_you_call.jsp.
The fact that wf8 requires fully qualified paths for included files is unfortunate. I want to have a clone of my code in a dev domain and a prod domain... so every single include needs goto syntax so that the fully qualified path can be used. Also, I was hoping to be able to build an amper and then use that
The fact that wf8 requires fully qualified paths for included files is unfortunate.
@jodye: Did you ever get a solution for this issue.
We also relied on the fact that in WF 7 -INCLUDE filename was a 'relative concept', so that when we migrated the code containing the -INCLUDE, from Dev to Test to Prod, we knew it would call from the relevant folder.
Now with an 'absolute' naming convention for -INCLUDE in WF 8, it looks like we would need to handle this some other way.
As far as managing multiple environments, I didn’t find it to be an issue in relation to having programs in the “Content” structure. In my early stages of my WF 8 upgrade, I did my migration from WF 7, I did my “modernization” of my “Content” folder structure as I didn’t like the structure it built from the old WF 7 environment and re-worked it. Keep in mind, I started on an initial version of 8, so I am not sure what improvements they have made since.
To not go into too much detail of what I did from a “modernization” standpoint (that’s its own topic), I used the Change Management to migrate my application from DEV>TEST>PQA>PROD. This helped me keep my structure intact and I didn’t have to make any changes, besides a –INCLUDE that had my connection string to the proper database environment.
I did find this in the Admin Console Help under Change Management Option.
8007 Help File IBI_CM_Retain_Handles
If True, the hrefs from WebFOCUS 7 are used as handles in WebFOCUS 8 during migration from WebFOCUS 7 to WebFOCUS 8, allowing the code for -INCLUDEs and drill downs to continue to work with the WebFOCUS 7 syntax. The default value is True.
Converting to a absolute pathing only concept in WF 8 for Contents folders would be difficult at best.
Looks like variables work (you could setup domain variables so that you can copy reports across domains):
-SET &test = 'Repository/training/(your Content folders here)/test.fex';
TABLE FILE CAR
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *