Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Error Message 'WITH FIELDNAME' IN DEFINE
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Error Message 'WITH FIELDNAME' IN DEFINE
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
This is the code in the fex:

TABLE FILE DIRECTDB_OD_SCHEMA
SUM
COMPANYKEY NOPRINT
BY TRANSNO AS 'TransNo'
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 50;
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 50;

ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS HTRANSNO FORMAT FOCUS INDEX TRANSNO
END

JOIN
TRANSNO IN HTRANSNO
TO MULTIPLE
TRANSNO IN DIRECTDB_TICKET_SCHEMA AS J0
END

TABLE FILE HTRANSNO
PRINT *
END

This is the error. I thought it was due to the TRANSNO not being a key field but I verified that it is a key field. I'm not doing a DEFINE so I don't know why I would get that error.

(FOC061) 'WITH FIELDNAME' IN DEFINE LIES ON DIFFERENT PATH: B
(FOC101) ERROR IN DEFINE IN MASTER FILE: HTRANSNO

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 118 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: January 16, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
1. The defines are probably contained in DIRECTDB_TICKET_SCHEMA.mas
Check whether
JOIN CLEAR *
CHECK FILE DIRECTDB_TICKET_SCHEMA
?FF DIRECTDB_TICKET_SCHEMA
TABLE FILE DIRECTDB_TICKET_SCHEMA
PRINT *
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 50;
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 50;
ON TABLE HOLD
END

produces a similar error message.

2. What SET values are in effect for ASNAMES and HOLDLIST?

3. A join does not require indexing on the host side. You can change
ON TABLE HOLD AS HTRANSNO FORMAT FOCUS INDEX TRANSNO
to
ON TABLE HOLD AS HTRANSNO FORMAT ALPHA

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
1. This code does not produce a similar message, it runs fine.
2. I used ASNAMES because I thought it would help identify the TRANSNO field. I commented it out and it had no effect.
3. I used your ON TABLE HOLD AS TRANSNO FORMAT ALPHA, no difference, same error.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Just to verify that no defines are in effect at the time, add

? DEFINE
-EXIT

just before

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Are there DEFINEs in DIRECTDB_TICKET_SCHEMA.mas (or any CRSEG that it may bring in)?

Does the trailing B in the message match anything?

Try this:
JOIN CLEAR *
BY TRANSNO AS 'XTRANSNO'
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 50;
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 50;
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON AND HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
ON TABLE HOLD AS HTRANSNO
END
?FF HTRANSNO
JOIN
XTRANSNO IN HTRANSNO
TO MULTIPLE
TRANSNO IN DIRECTDB_TICKET_SCHEMA AS J0
END
?FF HTRANSNO
TABLE FILE HTRANSNO
PRINT *
END

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:

(FOC061)'WITH FIELDNAME' IN DEFINE LIES ON DIFFERENT PATH: B
(FOC101) ERROR IN DEFINE IN MASTER FILE: HTRANSNO

DIRECTDB_OD_SCHEMA has an error in the MASTER file description for TRANSNO

Test this:

BY TRANSNO
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 10;
END
-EXIT

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
JOIN CLEAR *
? DEFINE
-EXIT

This code produces an EDA Server Crashed error
Unknown error occurred. Agent on reporting server EDASERVE may have crashed. Please investigate reporting server log.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This is the definition for transNo in the Master File. Does it need to be changed? It is clustered, unique field.

FIELDNAME=TRANSNO, ALIAS=transNo, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(INTERNAL), $

sp_helptext returns this information regarding the transNo field. It is set as a key field in the Master
File.

transNo
Type = int
Computed = no
Length = 4
Prec = 10
Nullable = no

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In which master file?

Do you know whether the error in your original post occurred after the first TABLE request, or in the one after the JOIN? (I understood it was the latter; Tom assumes the former.)

Expert
posted Hide Post
If their are NO DEFINEs in effect, then the 1st error message has to do with a DEFINE in the MASTER:

DEFINE BFIELD/XXX WITH FIELDNAME = SOME_VALUE; $

It probably starts with a B

That is my take, may be incorrect, but, that is what the error implies...

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The first TABLE FILE DIRECTDB_OD_SCHEMA Master File has TRANSNO defined as:
FIELDNAME=TRANSNO, ALIAS=transNo, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(INTERNAL), $

The second TABLE FILE DIRECTDB_TICKET_SCHEMA has TRANSNO defined as:
FIELDNAME=TRANSNO, ALIAS=transNo, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4, FIELDTYPE=R,
TITLE='Trans No', $

There is no error if I have run with the first table file into a hold table, HTRANSNO, and then do te JOIN. That works without an problem.

As soon as I try to print after the join, I get the error. When I take the comment off of this code, it produces the error. It is a one to one relationship so it should be a UNIQUE JOIN. Both TRANSNO fields are set up exactly the same. The reason I have to do this is because the OD_SCHEMA has multiple transNo's while TICKET_SCHEMA has one. I'm getting the distinct transno from OD and retrieving data from TICKET based on the transno.

This produces the error:

TABLE FILE HTRANSNO
PRINT *
END

Expert
posted Hide Post
Then, I sit corrected!

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Expert
posted Hide Post
What do you see if you put a

CHECK FILE HTRANSNO PICT
-EXIT

right after the join?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Let's avoid the blunderbuss "PRINT *" (which you wouldn't use in prooduction anyway), and see if you can narrow the problem down by fucusing on specific fields.

Start with a single innocent-looking field (one without the "ACCESS_PROPERTY=(INTERNAL)" declaration) from the joined-to file. If PRINTing just that one field works, then you can experiment ("trap the fox") to determine which fields trigger the error message.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The first DEFINE field in the schema is as follows. What is the correct syntax or what do we do with any DEFINES that use TRANSNO?

DEFINE BASETICKETAMOUNT/D15 WITH TRANSNO=TICKETAMOUNT - TAXAMOUNT - COMMISSIONAMOUNT;
TITLE='Base Amount', $

Expert
posted Hide Post
It would be my assumption that you don't need the WITH TRANSNO because the DEFINE is operating with real DB fields TICKETAMOUNT, TAXAMOUNT and COMMISSIONAMOUNT, unless those are DEFINE fields as well.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Oh, and by the way, why are you not joining DIRECTDB_OD_SCHEMA and DIRECTDB_TICKET_SCHEMA directly, without that HOLD file in between?

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That is what I was hoping you would say. I will see if taking the with out fixes the problem.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Both of them contain completely different data but there are a few reports that need to cross over. Each of these schema's contain millions of records and it would hurt our performance. It's not worth it for a couple of reports.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It chokes when I remove the WITH. Do you know what syntax I should use if I remove the WITH. This is the error:

INVALID FORMAT SPECIFICATION ON LEFT HAND SIDE: D15 TRANSNO

DEFINE BASETICKETAMOUNT/D15 TRANSNO=TICKETAMOUNT - TAXAMOUNT - COMMISSIONAMOUNT;
TITLE='Base Amount', $

Expert
posted Hide Post
DEFINE BASETICKETAMOUNT/D15 = TICKETAMOUNT - TAXAMOUNT - COMMISSIONAMOUNT;
TITLE='Base Amount', $

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
And yes, these are 3 fields in the database.

FIELDNAME=TICKETAMOUNT, ALIAS=ticketAmount, USAGE=D15, ACTUAL=D8.4,
TITLE='Ticket Amount', $
FIELDNAME=TAXAMOUNT, ALIAS=taxAmount, USAGE=D15, ACTUAL=D8.4,
TITLE='Tax Amount', $
FIELDNAME=COMMISSIONAMOUNT, ALIAS=commissionAmount, USAGE=D15, ACTUAL=D8.4,
TITLE='Commission Amount', $
DEFINE BASETICKETAMOUNT/D15 TRANSNO=TICKETAMOUNT - TAXAMOUNT - COMMISSIONAMOUNT;
TITLE='Base Amount', $

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That is what I thought right away too, remove the TRANSNO from the DEFINE but by doing that it gives this error.

(FOC1354) ACCESS FILE RECORD ABSENT, WRONG OR INCOMPLETE FOR SEGMENT

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't see how that's related to the DEFINE!

quote:
(FOC1354) ACCESS FILE RECORD ABSENT, WRONG OR INCOMPLETE FOR SEGMENT %1%2
No Access File Description record can be found for a segment record in the
Master File Description, or the record length and/or format of the Access
File Description are incorrect. Verify the allocation of the Access File
Description and its contents.

What kind of database is this? FOCUS, DB2, SQL Server?

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:

TITLE='Base Amount', $

No comma...
Take out TRANSNO...

DEFINE BASETICKETAMOUNT/D15=TICKETAMOUNT - TAXAMOUNT - COMMISSIONAMOUNT;,
TITLE='Base Amount', $

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Expert
posted Hide Post
Been awhile, don't know if you can use a TITLE with a DEFINE in the MASTER; should be OK, but, don't recall...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Expert
posted Hide Post
Syntax for DEFINE in Master (tested on the CAR file):
DEFINE TEST1/D20 = RETAIL_COST - DEALER_COST;
TITLE='Test1', $

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
No Comma???

Thanks, Francis

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Flynn,

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to dig into this. In theory it should work. We use SQL and we create master files for the tables and join them together into schema's. I believe it's a matter of modifying all of the appropriate master files that are included in this schema before it will work.

Expert
posted Hide Post
BTW, I added to CAR also, in BODY segment, did a PRINT * and it does not show.

I had to specifically add the DEFINEd fields after PRINT *

FYI

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe