Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Drilling from MRE report to Self-Serve Report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Drilling from MRE report to Self-Serve Report
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have an MRE report (in PDF) that I want to have drill down to a .fex in my self-serve environment.

I added this to the stylesheet of the MRE report
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=CURR_OPEN_ORDERS,
TARGET='_blank',
FOCEXEC=cp_opentickets(CUST_NUM=CUST_NUMBER PL_NUM=IDER),$

and I get an error
ERROR: ERROR_MR_FEX_NOT_FOUND Can't create item object based on provided item key cp_opentickets.

The fex name is right, and we use this same technique on other reports.

Ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Prior to 7.6 this would have worked. Post 7.6, the URL is created with the assumption that the fex is actually a MRE based fex. As a quick way to resolve this, create a fex in MRE with the same name that does a -MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE fexname. A more long term option might be to create a generic MRE fex that you can drill do that will include a parameter based fex name using the same technique.

Example:
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=CURR_OPEN_ORDERS,
TARGET='_blank',
FOCEXEC=app/drilldown(INCFEX='cp_opentickets' CUST_NUM=CUST_NUMBER PL_NUM=IDER),$  

MRE Fex (drilldown.fex)
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE &INCFEX

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
That's an interesting idea, dhagen, but it's a little beyond my skill level I think.

We really just need this PDF to drill down into a self-serve fex, whether they bring up the PDF in MRE or it shows up as an email attachment, it would be nice if drill downs worked from either situation.

Thanks for the tip dhagen, but I need this to work outside of MRE. It's a great idea though!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This has been addressed several times on the forum. There is a Tech Memo mentioned in this thread that should address your issue.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Oops! Even better - there's a whole section in Chapter 2 of the MR Developer manual on this exact topic.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
It took me a minute, but I looked at how we were able to do this with another report. I'm sorry to have wasted all of your time looking for this answer when it was right in front of me.

I can call a self-serve fex from an MRE fex by adding this to the top of the MRE Fex...

SET FOCEXURL = http://svr99wfrs/ibi_apps/WFServlet

Then, just do the drilldown in stylesheet like usual...
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=CURR_OPEN_ORDERS,
TARGET='_blank',
FOCEXEC=cp_opentickets(CUST_NUM=CUST_NUMBER PL_NUM=IDER),$

Hope this helps someone.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Boy it sure did help! I owe you a beer bud.

For those that follow you can even tighten it more:

SET FOCEXURL = /ibi_apps/WFServlet 

That automatically resolves to whatever webserver the focexec is running on. No need to explicitly specify the server name.

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post