Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Date formula in Selection Criteria of Report Assistant

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Date formula in Selection Criteria of Report Assistant
 Login/Join

posted
First off, let me say the I am a newbie whn it comes to WebFOCUS, so please bear with me if the answer is obvious.

I have a report that I created in Report Assistant. In the selection criteria for a date field, I have the criteria set to a constant, and the report works fine. The date field is in YYMD format, so I have the constant set to 20100219, for example, to run it for 2/19/2010. What I would like to do is set the report to run for a dynamic date, three days less than the current date. So if today is 2/19/2010, I would like it to run for 2/16/2010, or 20100216. How would I go about setting that up?

I tried adding a formula field to the Field Selection that finds the date that is three days prior to the current date. Then I set the Selection Criteria of the date field to the Field that I created rather than a constant. I don't believe it is working correctly, however, because I could not get it to return results -- report usuallly takes 30 seconds to a minute to return results, but it ran for half an hour and still did not return anything when I set it up that way.

Any help would be appreciated!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.4
Windows XP
.txt, Excel, etc.

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you do it that way, Benji, the date compare is not being passed to the backend data base (what is it BTW?). You actually have to compare to an amper variable that you have to calculate before the report part then change your WHERE to compare the field to the variable.

To calculate the new date, you must use a function and Dialogue Manager, e.g.
-SET &DAYS_3=AYMD(&YYMD,-3,'I8YYMD');
then
WHERE datefield EQ &DAYS_3

Now you might have to add slashes or dashes to the variable depending on the format of the date in your data base. You would use the EDIT funtion to do that:
-SET &DATE_3=EDIT(&DAYS_3.'9999-99-99');

You are going to have to do some of this in the editor, not the RA.

Good luck.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. How exactly do I get to the Dialog Manager to make these changes?

WebFOCUS 7.6.4
Windows XP
.txt, Excel, etc.

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are going to have to do some of this in the editor, not the RA.

Right-click the program and choose text editor. Then you have to type in the code.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't seem to have the Text Editor option in the list when I right-click on the report. It would be in the same list that I see the Report Assistant option, right? I wonder if it privilege-based thing, and perhaps I don't have the right permissions.

WebFOCUS 7.6.4
Windows XP
.txt, Excel, etc.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm not am MRE wiz but based on your description, you are trying to do this in Reporting Objects. I think if you look at your program in My Reports, you should be able to use the text editor.

Or you need more privileges. Check with your WebFOCUS admin.

Ginny