Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WF 7.6.4 Oracle 10g on Unix Box

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WF 7.6.4 Oracle 10g on Unix Box
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hai all..

WF 7.6.4
Oracle 10g on unix box.
I never worked in Unix environment.
Is there any documentation or any help for the above mentioned environment?

Thanks..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
WebFOCUS is WebFOCUS, whether you run on windows, unix, mainframe or ....
There are differences of course with regard to the installation - see the install guide of the product.
But as for working with the product itself the only major difference is the issueing of OS commands.
I'd take a look at the doc site of InfoBuilders (link) - you have to log on to see it. It contains just about everything you need to know about WebFOCUS and interfaces on whatever platform you want.

Hope this helps...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If you are responsible for installation and administration, this manual is a good resource, UnixNtAsOpenSrvAdm765.pdf.

But as GamP said, WF is WF. You don't mention whether you are developing in MRE or are self-service but the only caution I would give you is to make sure that your self-service focexec names are in all lower case. Unix is very case sensitive.

I also had java issues with the Advanced Graph Assistant till I put on 765. These did not occur on Windows.

Or are you saying that WF is on Windows and Oracle is on Unix? If yes, you won't even know you are talking to a Unix box. The Oracle client will take care of that for you.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I would also recommend you buy a copy of UNIX in a Nutshell.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post