Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Possible to Burst Graph in AHTML format?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Possible to Burst Graph in AHTML format?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

Is it possible to burst a graph in AHTML format? On page 347 of the RC doc it seems to indicate that it is supported:

However, the simple example below would seem to indicate otherwise. It bursts with DHTML output, but not with AHTML:

DEFINE FILE CAR
COUNTRYX/A10 = IF COUNTRY EQ 'W GERMANY' THEN 'GERMANY' ELSE COUNTRY;
END
GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM
SEATS
BY COUNTRYX
BY CAR
-*ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT DHTML
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS 770
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS 405
ON GRAPH SET UNITS PIXELS
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBAR
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ADVANCED
ON GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 1
ON GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 0
ON GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 1
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *
setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
setDepthRadius(5);
setTransparentBorderColor(getChartBackground(),true);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(0),true);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(1),true);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(2),true);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(3),true);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(4),true);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(5),true);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(6),true);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(7),true);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(8),true);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(9),true);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(10),true);
setPlace(true);
ENDSTYLE
END 

thanks,
David

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aguadavid,

WebFOCUS 8201
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What specific version of WebFOCUS? Could you update your signature?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
8.2.01... I just updated my signature... thanks.

David

WebFOCUS 8201
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Take a look at this https://techsupport.informatio...ttrack/12483005.html

It seems that AHTML charts aren't 'Burstable', even though I can't find anything in the doc that says so.

According to this case: "AHTML is designed such that a user can run different charts on the included data on the fly. Bursting on the other hand allows personalization of the chart prior to distribution so they act towards the same goal with different capabilities. It would hence make sense not to use it together."

You might call tech support to see if they could suggest a workaround. One possible way to do it might be to burst an AHTML Report and let the users create their own charts with the drop downs.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I made it in the pass where I have several AHTML graphs and reports but they were included in a AHTML Compound document.

It may be the way to make it work...

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Martin,

And you were able to burst this AHTML compound document? If so, would it be possible for you to provide a minimal reproducible example using CAR or something? I'm much more interested in bursting a AHTML compound document than a graph.

The examples on the Active Technologies product page would seem to imply bursting is possible (monthly statements, etc.).

However, as BabakNYC pointed out in another thread, page 336 of the ReportCaster manual specifies AHTML as a format that can be distributed by RC, but not burst. I certainly hope this is incorrect!

thanks,
David

WebFOCUS 8201
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Huummm, was it bursted ? Maybe not in the way that RC is defining and using "bursting"...

I may have forget to consider that point in my previous answer. Confusion between bursting and distributing. Sorry.

After some research I found that the used solution used was to create AHTML graph and report combined into a AHTML Compound document then create a schedule with parameters to filter the graph/report data and then distribute to the corresponding recipient.
Was not done in a efficient manner since one schedule exist for each distribution.
If I was the one who had created that report/schedule, I would have probably use a more "dynamic" way to pass parameters to one single schedule that also use dynamic distribution list.

Hope that this will help you.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post