Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Need variable column headings when using BYTOC exporting to Excel

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Need variable column headings when using BYTOC exporting to Excel
 Login/Join

posted
I am using BYTOC on a FEX that has one Across field to send results to multiple tabs on the same Excel spreadsheet. The primary sort field for BYTOC is just a BY field and not the across field. The outputted Excel sheet has the same column headings on every sheet (bad), but is filling the data correctly for the columns that are associated with the primary sort field. How do I eliminate the extra columns so that each tab has unique column headings (that are associated with the BYTOC primary sort field?) Sorry for the length...first post. Posting code below.
Thank you.
Lawrence
-SET &ECHO = 'ALL';
SET TRACEOFF=ALL
SET TRACEUSER=CLIENT
SET TRACEON=SQLAGGR//CLIENT
SET TRACEON=STMTRACE//CLIENT
SET TRACESTAMP=OFF
SET XRETRIEVAL=ON

ENGINE SQLMSS SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION DW-DB
SQL SQLMSS PREPARE SQLOUT FOR
SELECT a.GTIN, a.WMItemDesc, a.WMAuthor, a.VendorCode, a.VendorName, a.InitialOnSaleDate, a.WMDeptCategoryDesc, a.WMDeptSubCategoryDesc
    , a.PeriodSoldAmt, a.PeriodSoldQty, a.PeriodConsumerAmtRank
    , lw.LWSoldAmt, lw.LWSoldQty, lw.LWConsumerAmtRank
    , bs.LWTraitSoldAmt, bs.LWTraitSoldQty, bs.LWNbrTraitedStores, bs.LWTraitSoldAmtPerStore, bs.LWTraitSoldQtyPerStore
    , bt.Trait, bt.LWSoldAmtbyTrait, bt.LWSoldQtybyTrait, bt.LWNbrStoresbyTrait, bt.LWTraitRef
    , x.TraitDesc, x.TraitDeptSubCatgDesc, x.ANDTraitCode
FROM (	SELECT g.GTIN, i.WMItemDesc, i.WMAuthor, im.VendorCode, vm.VendorName, im.InitialOnsaleDate, i.WMDeptCategoryDesc, i.WMDeptSubCategoryDesc
            , SUM(ws.SoldConsumerAmt) as PeriodSoldAmt
            , SUM(ws.SoldQty) as PeriodSoldQty
            , ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY SUM(ws.SoldConsumerAmt) DESC, SUM(ws.SoldQty) DESC) as PeriodConsumerAmtRank
        FROM (	SELECT ti.GTIN
                FROM Sandbox.[lhe\barnesl].WCJDATraitItem ti WITH (NoLock) 
                WHERE ((ti.RetailerWEDateStart BETWEEN CONVERT(DATE,CAST(&StartWEDate as VARCHAR),121) AND CONVERT(DATE,CAST(&EndWEDate as VARCHAR),121)) 
						OR (ti.RetailerWEDateEnd BETWEEN CONVERT(DATE,CAST(&StartWEDate as VARCHAR),121) AND CONVERT(DATE,CAST(&EndWEDate as VARCHAR),121)))
                GROUP BY ti.GTIN ) g
        INNER JOIN DW.dbo.WMWeeklyStat ws WITH (NoLock) ON g.GTIN = ws.GTIN AND ws.RetailerWEDate BETWEEN CONVERT(DATE,CAST(&StartWEDate as VARCHAR),121) AND CONVERT(DATE,CAST(&EndWEDate as VARCHAR),121)
        INNER JOIN DW.dbo.WMItem i WITH (NoLock) ON ws.GTIN = i.GTIN AND ws.RetailerWEDate BETWEEN CONVERT(DATE,CAST(&StartWEDate as VARCHAR),121) AND CONVERT(DATE,CAST(&EndWEDate as VARCHAR),121)
        LEFT OUTER JOIN BDS.dbo.ItemMaster im WITH (NoLock) ON i.GTIN = LEFT(im.ISBN13,12)
        LEFT OUTER JOIN BDS.dbo.VendorMaster vm WITH (NoLock) ON im.PurchaseOfficeCode = vm.PurchaseOfficeCode AND im.VendorCode = vm.VendorCode
        GROUP BY g.GTIN, i.WMItemDesc, i.WMAuthor, im.VendorCode, vm.VendorName, im.InitialOnsaleDate, i.WMDeptCategoryDesc, i.WMDeptSubCategoryDesc ) a
LEFT OUTER JOIN (
        SELECT ws.GTIN
            , SUM(ws.SoldConsumerAmt) as LWSoldAmt
            , SUM(ws.SoldQty) as LWSoldQty
            , ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY SUM(ws.SoldConsumerAmt) DESC, SUM(ws.SoldQty) DESC) as LWConsumerAmtRank
        FROM DW.dbo.WMWeeklyStat ws WITH (NoLock)
        WHERE ws.RetailerWEDate = CONVERT(DATE,CAST(&EndWEDate as VARCHAR),121)
        GROUP BY ws.GTIN ) lw ON a.GTIN = lw.GTIN
LEFT OUTER JOIN (
        SELECT sti.GTIN
            , SUM(ws.SoldConsumerAmt) as LWTraitSoldAmt
            , SUM(ws.SoldQty) as LWTraitSoldQty
            , COUNT(DISTINCT sti.StoreNbr) as LWNbrTraitedStores
            , ISNULL(CAST(SUM(ws.SoldConsumerAmt) as FLOAT) / NULLIF(COUNT(DISTINCT sti.StoreNbr),0),0) as LWTraitSoldAmtPerStore
            , ISNULL(CAST(SUM(ws.SoldQty) as FLOAT) / NULLIF(COUNT(DISTINCT sti.StoreNbr),0),0) as LWTraitSoldQtyPerStore
        FROM Sandbox.[lhe\barnesl].WCStoreTraitItem sti WITH (NoLock)
        LEFT OUTER JOIN DW.dbo.WMWeeklyStat ws WITH (NoLock) ON ws.WMStoreNbr = sti.StoreNbr AND ws.RetailerWEDate = sti.RetailerWEDate AND ws.GTIN = sti.GTIN
        WHERE sti.RetailerWEDate = CONVERT(DATE,CAST(&EndWEDate as VARCHAR),121)
        GROUP BY sti.GTIN ) bs ON lw.GTIN = bs.GTIN
LEFT OUTER JOIN (
        SELECT sti.GTIN, sti.Trait
            , SUM(ws.SoldConsumerAmt) as LWSoldAmtbyTrait
            , SUM(ws.SoldQty) as LWSoldQtybyTrait
            , COUNT(DISTINCT sti.StoreNbr) as LWNbrStoresbyTrait
            , CONVERT(VARCHAR,CONVERT(MONEY,SUM(ws.SoldConsumerAmt),1)) + ' (' + CAST(COUNT(DISTINCT ws.WMStoreNbr) as VARCHAR) + ')' as LWTraitRef
        FROM Sandbox.[lhe\barnesl].WCStoreTraitItem sti WITH (NoLock)
        LEFT OUTER JOIN DW.dbo.WMWeeklyStat ws WITH (NoLock) ON ws.WMStoreNbr = sti.StoreNbr AND ws.RetailerWEDate = sti.RetailerWEDate AND ws.GTIN = sti.GTIN
        WHERE sti.RetailerWEDate = CONVERT(DATE,CAST(&EndWEDate as VARCHAR),121)
        GROUP BY sti.GTIN, sti.Trait ) bt ON bs.GTIN = bt.GTIN
LEFT OUTER JOIN Sandbox.[readerlink\lbarnes].WCJDATraitXRef x WITH (NoLock) ON bt.Trait = x.TraitCode
        ORDER BY GTIN, Trait
END
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
SUM 
     MIN.LWTraitRef AS 'MIN,LWTraitRef'
BY  LOWEST TraitDeptSubCatgDesc
BY  LOWEST GTIN
BY  LOWEST WMItemDesc
BY  LOWEST WMAuthor
BY  LOWEST VendorCode
BY  LOWEST VendorName
BY  LOWEST InitialOnSaleDate
BY  LOWEST WMDeptCategoryDesc
BY  LOWEST WMDeptSubCategoryDesc
BY  LOWEST PeriodSoldAmt
BY  LOWEST PeriodSoldQty
BY  LOWEST PeriodConsumerAmtRank
BY  LOWEST LWSoldAmt
BY  LOWEST LWSoldQty
BY  LOWEST LWConsumerAmtRank
BY  LOWEST LWTraitSoldAmt
BY  LOWEST LWTraitSoldQty
BY  LOWEST LWNbrTraitedStores
BY  LOWEST LWTraitSoldAmtPerStore
BY  LOWEST LWTraitSoldQtyPerStore
ACROSS LOWEST Trait
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON 
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
ON TABLE SET COMPOUND 'BYTOC 1'
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

7703, iSeries/SQL Server 2008
all output

Expert
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

SET ACROSSPRT might help here.

According to the doc:
quote:

The PRINT command generates a report that has a single line for each record retrieved from the data source after screening out those that fail IF or WHERE tests. When PRINT is used in conjunction with an ACROSS phrase, many of the generated columns may be empty. Those columns display the missing data symbol.

To avoid printing such a sparse report, you can use the SET ACROSSPRT command to compress the lines in the report. The number of lines is reduced within each sort group by swapping non-missing values from lower lines with missing values from higher lines, and then eliminating any lines whose columns all have missing values.

Because data may be moved to different report lines, row-based calculations such as ROW-TOTAL and ACROSS-TOTAL in a compressed report are different from those in a non-compressed report. Column calculations are not affected by compressing the report lines.

So, this might suppress the unneeded columns:

SET ACROSSPRT = COMPRESS

By the way, that's one heck of a SQL statement - are you surprised as I am that it successfully works as a WebFOCUS SQL passthru request?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If ACROSSPRT doesn't work, try HIDENULLACRS.

SET HIDENULLACRS=ON

Both settings are discussed in Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Sorting Tabular Reports > Sorting Columns.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
HIDENULLACRS worked for me! Thanks, although the moving of the data to several tabs is a little slow. Regarding the SQL statement I have run much larger successfully including updates, inserts, deletes. It eliminates the need for hold tables, setting up meta data and I can use all of the SQL joins and criteria, etc.

7703, iSeries/SQL Server 2008
all output