Focal Point
SSAS Data different in SQL and WebFOCUS [solved]

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5697030176

June 06, 2014, 10:19 AM
MG
SSAS Data different in SQL and WebFOCUS [solved]
Good morning all,
I have run into something new. Eeker
not the first time and I am sure it won't be the last. I thought someone else might have run into this and have an idea of what is causing it.

I am developing an application against an SSAS cube. There is a field that is loaded as a 1 or 0 depending on if a condition is met. When I query with SQL it show the values in the field as a 1 or 0, so far everything is good.

When I pull sample data from the master file it shows the field as an A5 and the data it displays is 'True' / 'False' if I run a fex and pull the filed it shows up as (-1) and (0). If I run a fex a (where filed eq '-1') I get results but the run time goes from 5 seconds to about 70 seconds,, any idea what is going on? limiting the returning result set should speed things up not slow them down.

I am wondering if when I built the synonym I missed something

I am working with WF 8.5

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MG,

WebFOCUS 8.05
Windows , Excel, PDf, HTML
June 06, 2014, 01:55 PM
Alan B
The field is a BIT field. Using an A5 field and screening on True/False should work. See this forum post.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
June 06, 2014, 03:14 PM
MG
Alan,
Thank You for the link.
I had just found that the Cube field was a bit.

I will change the master and see what happens,

Thanks again,
Marisa

WebFOCUS 8.05
June 11, 2014, 04:01 PM
MG
Alan,
You where correct, It was a bit, once I changed the filed in the master to an A7 everything worked great.

Thanks for the information.

WebFOCUS 8.05