Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] MAINTAIN Entry Form - Bound Radio Buttons

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] MAINTAIN Entry Form - Bound Radio Buttons
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am adding CARs to the CAR table using a MAINTAIN Data Entry Form with Bound Radio Buttons for the number of SEATS.

SEATS is one of the fields that are bound to the stack, but no matter which button I choose, the SEATS value displays as '0' while all of the other fields appear as expected.

I am using the "Getting Stated with MAINTAIN" (PDF) book for 7.6.1.

I did a "Deploy and Run" after ensuring that the "SelectedItem" property is bound to the TITLE field in the stack, but the TITLE field shows empty in the TABLE rerquest.

Is there something I'm missing ? This one finally has me stumped.

Any ideas from someone who may have had this problem already ?

(I searched for MAINTAIN FanClub and didn't find the answer.)

Thanks
Charlie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.6.4 & 5.3
Charles Lee

Gold member
posted Hide Post
The "SelectedItem" shows that the group box for the TITLE is bound to the TITLE field in the stack.

All other fields are similarly bound to the stack, and appear in a 'TABLE FILE FanNames' request from WF.

Any other suggestions ?
Thanks again,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charlz,

WF 7.6.4 & 5.3
Charles Lee

Master
posted Hide Post
Morning Charles
How are you populating the Radio Group? From a stack or "as entered here"? If "as entered here", make sure you have values entered for both Text and Value and click OK.

Then once again, display the SelectedItem and make sure the proper stack / field is bound to the object and you are passing the TEXT.

When you make a selection, and you refresh the screen, the value from the Radio group should populate the output field. You can refresh by creating a dummy button / trigger. Just create a button and put:
COMPUTE XXX/I2=1;

If you do this does the value from the Radio Group populate the field? If not, do you have the SAME field that you are using to collect the value in more than one place on the form? This could cause a problem. Finally, if the value is NOT displaying, send me the MNT file and I will take a look.

Mark
Mark_Derwin@ibi.com

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark,
I built the radio button group via the "Getting Strted with MAINTAIN" FanClub tutorial, and entered 4 buttons (Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss), then double-clicked the group to select it.

I then bound the TITLE field to the existing 'AddFanStack' (from the list in the "Binding the Selection Result" dialog).

I figure something got tangled up in the underlying files ?

It still didn't work, so I deleted the project from Windows (because deleting a project from MAINTAIN does not seem to actually delete everything ?)

I am starting the project from scratch and will let you know I have any more problems.

Question : If I have radio buttons AND a TITLE textbox (exit/text 'group') BOTH bound to the TITLE field in the stack (so I can see the choice selected) will that cause a conflict in the stack or elsewhere ? Or will it just be a 'echo' ?

Thanks !

WF 7.6.4 & 5.3
Charles Lee

Master
posted Hide Post
That may be the problem. If you have two objects bound to the same stack / field one can overwrite the other. You can CERTAINLY display the value selected in a Radio Group in a field, but if you have that field in more than one place, Maintain may not know which value to use.

If you still have a problem after rebuilding, send me the files and I will debug.

Deleting a project removes teh GFA but does not delete the directory.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post