Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] IBI.FIL on same line

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] IBI.FIL on same line
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hey All,

I just recently discovered !IBI.FIL. Right now when I use !IBI.FIL, the data comes out like this in html:

value1
value2
value3
value4..

Is there any way that I can have the data all be on the same line like this:

value1 value2 value3 value4...

I tried searching but wasn't able to find anything on this.

What I am doing is creating an html file and using IBI.FIL to insert the data but I need all the data to be on the same line. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Prince

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prince Joseph,

Webfocus 8, All Outputs

Posts: 47 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 09, 2011Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A possible solution:

-* File Joseph01.fex
TABLE FILE CAR
LIST COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD
END
TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM COUNTRY
ACROSS LIST NOPRINT
ON TABLE SET PAGE OFF
ON TABLE HOLD AS JOSEPH FORMAT HTMTABLE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.JOSEPH;
-HTMLFORM END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks danny. I'll try this out and see.

Webfocus 8, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Although this will display all the values horizontally, It's still not on the same line in the html code itself. Here is what I am actually generating:

Right now they are showing up like this in the html:
<set label="20120507" value="   26" />
<set label="20120508" value="   38" />
<set label="20120509" value="   26" />
<set label="20120510" value="   51" />  

What I would want is for them to show up like this in the html:
<set label="20120507" value="   26" /><set label="20120508" value="   38" /><set label="20120509" value="   26" /><set label="20120510" value="   51" />

This xml being generated is part of some javascript and it will only work if they all are on the same line.

Would the easiest way be to concatenate all the seperate values into one big field? and then use !IBI.FIL on that?

Thanks,
Prince

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prince Joseph,

Webfocus 8, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I am guessing there is no way around this. I was able to find another method of getting my procedure to work without having all the values on the same line.

Webfocus 8, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you do a SAVB in stead of hold format htmtable, all records will be written on the same line in the output file.
HTML will also show the records on the same line, but if you do a view source then they are on different lines again.
The following code shows this:
DEFINE FILE CAR
ASEATS/A4 = PTOA(SEATS,'(P4)',ASEATS);
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COMPUTE FIELD/A40 = '< set label="seats' | EDIT(SEATS) | '" value="' | ASEATS | '" />';
ON TABLE HOLD
END
TABLE FILE HOLD
PRINT FIELD
ON TABLE SET PAGE OFF
ON TABLE SAVB AS JOSEPH
END
TYPE JOSEPH.FTM
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.JOSEPH;
-HTMLFORM END

I added a space after the < tag, so you'll be able to see some result on the screen.
If after this you do a view source, the records are all on different lines, while in the file itself they are all on the same line. The reason for this is the filedef that exists for joseph.
Also for this there is a little trick. What you can do is to add the next lines before the -RUN:
-RUN
-SET &LEN = &LINES * 40;
TYPE JOSEPH.FTM
FILEDEF JOSEPH DISK joseph.ftm (LRECL &LEN RECFM F

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help! That trick worked perfectly.

Webfocus 8, All Outputs