Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Drill Down In IFrame

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Drill Down In IFrame
 Login/Join

posted
I have created a resource layout page with a graph within an iframe that can drill down to a report, but the report opens up within that iframe. How can I make the report open up in a new window?
Thanks in advance!

Jeff
DevStudio, 5.2.6
Please be kind....I'm new at this!

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Add this to your stylesheet.

TARGET=_NEW, FOCEXEC=YOURFEX

hope this helps.

~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI Mode/Self-Serve Apps Only (No App Server)
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/Weblogic 8.1/Servlet Mode

Posts: 74 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD | Registered: August 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Please excuse my ignorance, but would that be in the resource layout page? I placed the code in there, but nothing happens.

<iframe id=ITEM13 style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; Z-INDEX: 40; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); LEFT: 190px; VISIBILITY: hidden; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); WIDTH: 595px; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); POSITION: absolute; TOP: 485px; HEIGHT: 340px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)" name ="iframe14" elementname="iframe14" elementtype="iframe" scaletofit="0" onclicksource="pm_graph.fex" onclicksourcetype="typeFex" IBIC_server="EDASERVE" IBIAPP_app="m4" ALLOWTRANSPARENCY="true" frameborder="yes" TARGET=_NEW, FOCEXEC=pm_graph_rpt.fex>

Is the above correct? Should it be within the graph that calls the report?

Jeff
DevStudio, 5.2.6

Gold member
posted Hide Post
oops, i think i gave you the worng answer, i was thinking about something else.

i have no idea how to do that.
sorry.

~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI Mode/Self-Serve Apps Only (No App Server)
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/Weblogic 8.1/Servlet Mode

Posts: 74 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD | Registered: August 08, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Even i had the same requirement and I added

TARGET='NEW' in the backend code.
And it worked for me.

In your code you will see these lines

$
TYPE=DATA,
ACROSSCOLUMN=N1,
TARGET='NEW', <--- ADD it
FOCEXEC=app/oywevavo.fex(Ver=A1 Plat='&Plat.EVAL' Env='&Env.EVAL' D1='&D1.EVAL' E1='&E1.EVAL'),
$

Actually you can even give “ TARGET=’ANY NAME’, but you need to be careful that there are no iframes in that name.

If there is an iframe in that name then your drill down output will be directed to that iframe instead of a new widow.

Sample Code::

GRAPH FILE MOVIES
SUM CNT.A1
ACROSS A1
BY B1
WHERE ( B1 EQ '&Plat.(FIND B1 IN MOVIES).Plat' );
WHERE ( C1 EQ '&Env.(FIND C1 IN MOVIES).Env.' );
WHERE ( D1 EQ '&VP.(FIND D1 IN CARS).VP.' );
WHERE ( E1EQ '&BPO.(FIND E1IN CARS).BPO.' );
…….
….

$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN',
SIZE=10,
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=DATA,
ACROSSCOLUMN=N1,
TARGET='NEW', <--- ADD it

FOCEXEC=app/oywevavo.fex(Ver=A1 Plat='&Plat.EVAL' Env='&Env.EVAL' D1='&VP.EVAL' E1='&BPO.EVAL'),
$
ENDSTYLE
END

HOPE THIS SOLVES YOUR ISSUE

NAVANEETH

<Tim Howard_ABCBS>
posted
Try setting your target equal to "_blank". That should get you a new popup window.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much, Navaneeth! TARGET='NEW' worked like a charm!

Jeff
DevStudio, 5.2.6