Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] WebFocus API Error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] WebFocus API Error
 Login/Join

posted
When I save the changes in MR, there is an error message showed with these words:
"Description: WebFocus API Error: Failed to authenticate with Distribution Server. Check your configuration.
Action: Contact your administrator"
My ReportCaster also can't startup. The error message is "Error: Authentication failure for mail.informationbuilders.com.cn javax.mail.Aut
henticationFailedException: password was wrong (-15)". But I can login the WebFOCUS Admin Console with the default userid 'admin'.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Error: Authentication failure for mail.informationbuilders.com.cn javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: password was wrong (-15)

The error does not seem to be related to your ReportCaster's credentials (your 'admin' account) but instead with ReportCaster Distribution Server's attempt to authenticate to your configured mail server.

You may need to verify the Email Settings (particularly the SMTP User Id/Password) in your ReportCaster configuration.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Make sure your Distribution Server has not gone done. If it's down, it will need to be restarted.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

posted Hide Post
My Distribution Server couldn't start up. There is an error when I start it.

posted Hide Post
I reinstalled WebFOCUS Client. Maybe this is the fastest way to solve this problem.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I find Report Caster (Distribution Server) is the hardest component to debug. I think the Java version is very important, as is the version of the database server you use to host the Report Caster tables. It's quite complicated.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post