Focal Point
[SOLVED] WebFocus API Error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5847080616

January 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
Elaine
[SOLVED] WebFocus API Error
When I save the changes in MR, there is an error message showed with these words:
"Description: WebFocus API Error: Failed to authenticate with Distribution Server. Check your configuration.
Action: Contact your administrator"
My ReportCaster also can't startup. The error message is "Error: Authentication failure for mail.informationbuilders.com.cn javax.mail.Aut
henticationFailedException: password was wrong (-15)". But I can login the WebFOCUS Admin Console with the default userid 'admin'.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
January 31, 2012, 08:40 AM
njsden
quote:
"Error: Authentication failure for mail.informationbuilders.com.cn javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: password was wrong (-15)

The error does not seem to be related to your ReportCaster's credentials (your 'admin' account) but instead with ReportCaster Distribution Server's attempt to authenticate to your configured mail server.

You may need to verify the Email Settings (particularly the SMTP User Id/Password) in your ReportCaster configuration.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.
January 31, 2012, 11:23 AM
MCKELPA99
Make sure your Distribution Server has not gone done. If it's down, it will need to be restarted.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output
February 01, 2012, 01:32 AM
Elaine
My Distribution Server couldn't start up. There is an error when I start it.
February 01, 2012, 03:51 AM
Elaine
I reinstalled WebFOCUS Client. Maybe this is the fastest way to solve this problem.
February 01, 2012, 10:57 AM
Francis Mariani
I find Report Caster (Distribution Server) is the hardest component to debug. I think the Java version is very important, as is the version of the database server you use to host the Report Caster tables. It's quite complicated.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server