Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] limiting dates displayed in drop down for date parameter

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] limiting dates displayed in drop down for date parameter
 Login/Join

posted
I have a start date and an end date. I have a drop down for each and it shows all dates available back to 1991. I want to limit the date to more recent dates for the user to select from. I'm told it has to be handled in the source tab and not in the where/if area. How can I limit the dates available to 2005 and greater?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
You definitely do not need to do anything in the source. Just set the range appropriately.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

posted Hide Post
I saw the range option, but I want the user to be able to pull the most recent date available. If I select the most recent date today as the end of the range the new records wont be available next time will they?

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you want to limit the dropdown list that users can choose from.

There are a few ways to do that the easiest though is to use the HTML Composer and on the drop down and filter what shows up.

If you don't want to deal with HTML Composer here is a post that may help.
http://forums.informationbuild...1060942?r=2551080942

If I am wrong and you want the dropdown list to still show everything but make sure users only select newer dates can use labels and gotos if they are before 2005:

-IF EDIT('&START_DATE','9999') LT '2005' OR EDIT('&END_DATE','9999') LT '2005' THEN GOTO LBLERROR ELSE GOTO LBLCONT;
-LBLERROR
-TYPE Must select dates from the year 2005 or later.
-EXIT

-LBLCONT

The above I am not able to test at the moment but should work. If the user enters one or both of the parameters with a date before 2005 it will not run the report and give the user the -TYPE message else it runs the report as normal. This would go before your first TABLE, DEFINE, or JOIN in your report.

WF: 8201, OS: Windows, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel

Guru
posted Hide Post
The range can be relative so it changes as time changes.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

posted Hide Post
You are right Crymsyn that is exactly what i want to do. I am going to use the HTML composer and its calendar function to run the fex as some did in the link you provided. Thanks for your help with this.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs