Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] FLEX - Loading 2 grids issues

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] FLEX - Loading 2 grids issues
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi all,

I hope that maybe someone else has encountered this issue and could offer a suggestion. Here is a description of what I'm thrying to do, hope I managed to explain it well enough...

I am working on a FLEX dashboard, and I have a main report that will execute a stored procedure and then store the data in a Focus table (~ 29000 records). Then I have a couple of reports that will use that Focus table. One report gets some columns, prints them in XML format and another gets some other columns, does the same thing. Simple enough, the reports work fine if I run them individually. Now, when I go to the Flex Builder app, I create 2 grids to store the data that I get from the 2 reports. I noticed one interesting thing: first, I was getting an EDASERVE agent crashed error, so I started playing around with the reports. I then limited the output in the XML to 100 records and noticed that sometimes the 2 grids would have the same columns, even though they shouldn’t. What I think is happening here is: one request is sent to get the data for grid1, then the second request is sent before the first one returns. It seems that the outputs get messed up because the requests are running at the same time.

I tried one more thing: I moved one of the grids in a different tab in a TabNavigator, and this solves the issue. But I need to have the grids in the same tab, because I plan to switch between various graphs. Can it be done?

Thank you all for readig this and have a wonderful holiday!
Luminita

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Luminita,

7.6.6 on AIX platform
Output: variety (Excel, HTML and PDF)

Posts: 33 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 17, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I'm still hoping that someone else has seen this behavior before and might be able to suggest a solution.

thanks,
Luminita

7.6.6 on AIX platform

Posts: 33 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 17, 2007Report This Post
<csssps07>
posted
Hi there,

To clarify, the 2 "child" reports are populating the 2 datagrids in question correct? So basically, the the {seturl} value for each datagrid points to the respective reports (e.g. http://hostname/ibi_apps/WFSer...&IBIAPP_app=appname).

Or, is the data being populated some other way? If they are both pointing to seperate reports, I don't see how the same data would be returned, unless the conditions on the "child" reports are the same.

An snippet of your code that shows how the data retrieval is done for the datagrids might help.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Sorry for the delayed response on this. I fixed this problem by tweaking the reports to make them a little faster.

To answer the question posted, my two grids are populated using the {seturl} value, and each points to a different report. Not sure why the reluts were getting messed uo, it almost seemed that because the first report was taking too long to send the results back, the second one would "cut in line". Very weird behavior.

Thanks,
Luminita

7.6.6 on AIX platform