Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Scroll Bars in Dropdown lists

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Scroll Bars in Dropdown lists
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
For the life of me, I cannot get a scroll bar in a dropdown list I've created. In Resource layout, I should (note I said should) have an option for overflow - that's according to the documentation on 5.3. However, it doesn't show up for me and I'm trying to do this manually.

Can anyone provide me the verbage as to what I need to include in my dropdown.

Thanks
Ken

Prod - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Dev - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000, DB2.

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Ken,

Firstly what have you got there at present? Perhaps we could use that as a starting point?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Here's what I have. It's for a field entitled VENDOR:

~SELECT id=ITEM7 style="Z-INDEX: 21; LEFT: 60px; WIDTH: 320px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 40px; HEIGHT: 22px" name ="VENDOR" elementname="combobox7" elementtype="combobox" labelid caption="combobox" operation="NONE" ibiformat datatype="1" addalloption="0" dynalldisplayvalue="ALL" inchainindex="2" chainnumber="0" cacheruntimedata="0" displayfield="DFLT_REPORTING_GROUP" numofrecords="-1" datafield="DFLT_REPORTING_GROUP" sourcetype="typeFex" datasource="scu0003.fex" datafieldtype="CHAR" IBIC_server IBIAPP_app="cs_scr"~
~/SELECT~

The less than/greater than symbols have been replaced with the tilde (~).

Ken

Prod - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Dev - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000, DB2.

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
not sure if this is what you want, ken, but
<select size="1" name="D1">
  <option value="FRED">FRED   </option>
  <option value="ETHEL">ETHEL </option>
  <option value="LUCY">LUCY   </option>
  <option value="RICKY">RICKY </option>
  </select>

If you change the size="1" to size="2", you'll see both FRED and ETHEL in your list
If you leave it at 1, you'll just see the arrow to click to see all the other guys.
Your code snippet looks painful. Is that what a GUI generated for you? yikes.

or are you thinking of presenting your list in some sort of iframe w/ scrollbars??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ken,

Susannah has the right answer for you ...

... but you will have to make another amendment to the HTML generated by the GUI, and that is the Height parameter within the CSS Style code -
<SELECT id=ITEM7 size=10 style="Z-INDEX: 21; LEFT: 60px; WIDTH: 320px;
        POSITION: absolute; TOP: 40px; HEIGHT: 220px" name ="VENDOR"
        elementname="combobox7" elementtype="combobox" labelid
        caption="combobox" operation="NONE" ibiformat datatype="1"
        addalloption="0" dynalldisplayvalue="ALL" inchainindex="2"
        chainnumber="0" cacheruntimedata="0" displayfield="DFLT_REPORTING_GROUP"
        numofrecords="-1" datafield="DFLT_REPORTING_GROUP" sourcetype="typeFex"
        datasource="scu0003.fex" datafieldtype="CHAR" IBIC_server IBIAPP_app="cs_scr">
</SELECT>
You might have to play with the value for height to get it to display properly but working on the normal height of 22px, then 10 rows should require a height of 220px?

Unfortunately, as i do not use the GUI that often, I do not know whether the size and height attributes will be overwritten if you open it up again in the resource layout painter. Keep a back-up and try it!! What's the worst that can happen? (I try not to think about that! Frowner)

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post