Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Error trying to open reports in Developer Studio Tool...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Error trying to open reports in Developer Studio Tool...
 Login/Join

posted
We are trying to evaluate the Developer Studio Tool. We have reports we created in DB2 Web Query for Systemi but when I try to open (Edit)any of them using the Developer Studio Tool I get the same message:
"An error has occurred in the script on this page...
Line: 25 Char: 21 Error: Invalid Character
Code: 0 "

I know it is not much to go on but if anyone
has any ideas on what is causing this I would sure like to hear them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)

Expert
posted Hide Post
Open the "old" code, cntrl a, cntrl c
Open a brand new procedure in Developer Studio
cntr v

This will copy-and-paste the code, and see what the culprit is...

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tom.

Did I mention I am a complete newbie to Developer Studio? I opened a report using the text editor, then CNTR A and CNTR C but I am not sure how to open a "blank" new procedure to do the CNTR V.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Are you in MRE(Managed Reporting Environment) or Application Folders(on the Reporting Server)?

Either way, position your cursor in the "white" area, right of the folder tree, and right-click, select New, then Procedure...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Flynn,

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I was trying to follow a tutorial and here is where I was...
Managed Reporting > Domains > Common Domain > Reports > Totorials

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
OK, MRE, see my previous post

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

posted Hide Post
I did the right click, chose procedure, and this time used "create with" text editor instead of Report Assistant. That allowed me to do the Paste. Next, I was able to open with "edit with developer studio". This brought up the text of the code. At least I did not get the script error but I still need to get to the WYSIWYG interface.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Good. You will never be able to open "old code" in Report Painter. For Report Painter, you have to start from scratch..

Have Fun!

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tom. The tutorial in the "Getting Started with DB2 Web Query for iSeries" was leading me straight into using the old code that we had created in a previous chapter.
Thanks again for your time.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, I have not worked with WebQuery for ISeries, so, if you are following a tutorial, I would expect it to be correct. Maybe something was missed, or mis-coded from the previous chapter, don't know.

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

posted Hide Post
Yes. I have gone back over the prior chapter several times and don't know what I have missed. It is just frustrating. We are scheduled to have an on-line course with IBM next week and Developer Studio is part of the course. Fun Fun Fun...
Thanks again Tom for your time.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows

posted Hide Post
Just in case anyone has used the Getting Started with Web Query for iSeries tutorial and to maybe shed some more light on where exactly I ran into this problem: It was page 298 step 6 listed here:
"6. Right-click HTML1_KPI_LINE and select Edit in Developer Studio Tool (Figure 11-3).

7. DB2 Web Query knows which tool was used to create your report. Selecting the default
option opens the report in either Report Assistant or Graph Assistant, whichever is
appropriate. Power Painter is not directly supported in Developer Workbench. In this
example, Graph Assistant opens."

That is where I get the error.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The report painter is not available to WebQuery users. And the editor is only there to facilitate support calls/debugging (not development). The tools available are the HTML Composer and when you include a report, it launches the HTMLRA tool.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post