Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Auto-Generating Dashboard Documentation

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Auto-Generating Dashboard Documentation
 Login/Join

posted
I am a business user (InfoAssist only) preparing to begin the process of making a substantial overhaul to the look, feel, and functionality of a departmental dashboard, and need an efficient way to document the current one so as to serve as a quick reference guide while building out the new one.

For example, auto-generating a document like this would be very helpful for each page and element within my dashboard:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE CLAIMS UNIVERSE
Dashboard Documentation

Page: LAE

Object: LAE by Category

Source: mst_claim_transactions

Filter
• Check_Date GE ‘01012016’
• Expense_Desc EQ
• Attorney_Fees
• Adjuster Fees
• Expert Fees/Police Reports
• Outside Contractor Costs
• Medical Audit Costs
• Litigation Costs
• Appraise Fees
• Coverage Atty. Fees
• Surveillance

Sum
• Sum.Payment_Amount
• Pct.Payment_Amount

By
• Sum.Payment_Amount (Desc.)
• Expense_Code
• All.Expense_Desc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would like the ability to generate these type of details for every element of my dashboard pages and page elements in a something like an Excel document so I can add snipped images of each element.

While my primary idea was to use this to speed the process of redeveloping elements of the upgraded dashboard, I was also thinking it would make for a good periodic risk management tool as well. Indeed, I suppose it would also enable easier peer "code reviews" too!

Thanks,
Gavin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8.10.5
Windows 10, HTML

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

Although this is not fully automatic it can save a lot of time, if you manually click on a report and choose properties then the details tab you will see the info you are looking for, so you could take screenshots for the documentation
Yours
Eran

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

http://www.srl.co.il

Posts: 97 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: November 20, 2005Report This Post