Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HTML Composer: What the WFFMT?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HTML Composer: What the WFFMT?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I created a fex (fex 2) that has some variables used in WHERE statements and in the ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT statement.

There's some -DEFAULTs:

-DEFAULT &P_STR_DTE   = '2011/04/01';
-DEFAULT &P_END_DTE   = '2011/07/31';
-DEFAULT &P_FREQ      = 'MONTHLY';
-DEFAULT &WFFMT       = 'HTML';

The ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT statement looks like this:

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT.(<HTML,HTML>,<Active HTML,AHTML>,<Excel,EXL2K>).Select type of display output.

Then I create the launch page (launch 2). I clicked on the "To import exisiting..." text to copy another existing html page (launch 1) to use as a template. It copied the html page, with all the controls and variables, including WFFMT. I right-clicked the Run button and deleted the existing link to the external fex (fex 1) and added a new external fex (fex 2). The WFFMT variable does not get added to the page. If I point to fex 1, the WFFMT variable is added, if I point to fex 2, it is removed.

The fexes have the following lines that relate to WFFMT:

fex 1:
-DEFAULT &WFFMT = 'HTML';
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT.(<HTML,HTML>,<Excel 2000,EXL2K>,<HTML Active Report,AHTML>).Display Output:.

fex 2:
-DEFAULT &WFFMT       = 'HTML';
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT.(<HTML,HTML>,<Active HTML,AHTML>,<Excel,EXL2K>).Select type of display output.

Oh, and by the way, why would a development tool be designed in such a way that when pointing to a fex more than once erases radio button and listbox values that were pointed and clicked into existence?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Did you perhaps have a tab-character between the variable name and the equals sign in fex 1?

I'm not sure whether the dialog manager language spec in WF7.7 is perhaps less inconsistent then the one in 7.6, but I have a (closed) case where using a tab-character in that location would cause the variable-name to actually be "&WFFMT ". Yes, it ends in a space...

Also in my experience, using semi-colons after or quotes around default values is asking for trouble. Nowadays I only use semi-colons on -SET, -IF and -REPEAT statements and hardly ever use quotes around string literals in dialog manager anymore.

Allegedly things like these have improved a lot in 7.7.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have copied previous html pages and tried using them to no avail in the past. I tried it again recently in a current release of WF and ended up recreating my launch page. It was quicker to recreate than try to debug. I'm curious to see if you get this working. I did a straight copy from 1 to 2, then went into the tool...

Kathy Phillips
Web FOCUS 8.2.05.14, 8.1.05, 8.08, 8.0.7, 8.0.5,8.0.2m, 7.6.10,7.7.03
Windows

Posts: 118 | Location: Livonia, MI | Registered: March 27, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's because you used the PROMPT format after the &WFFMT ?? I'd take that out and try to recreate your launch page ... Just a thought.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Francis, Have you checked the code for your run button to see which request_list it is pointing to? I have changed this before and it will sometimes keep the request # for the older fex as well as the new one and I think it gets confused.

Out of this you need to look at this line;
   requests_list="3" 
There should
only be one number, for the procedure you want to run.

<FORM style="Z-INDEX: 2; POSITION: absolute; BACKGROUND-COLOR: gainsboro; WIDTH: 980px; HEIGHT: 175px; TOP: 35px; LEFT: 5px" id=form1 onsubmit="OnExecute(this);return false;" method=post persistentuniqueid="compUid_6" requests_list="3" form_newline_chain="1" default_slider_type="4" form_type="1" form_prompt_location="1" form_number_of_visible_rows="4" form_number_of_columns="4" vert_dist_between_controls="10" form_hor_dist_between_controls="10" form_dist_between_desc_and_input="10" name="form1">

Then at the bottom of the code is the list of
requests, their numbers and the fex they point to.

<request requestid="3" targettype="iframe" targetname="report1" sourcetype="typeFex" ibif_ex="sd_schedule.fex" ibiapp_app="michelle" activereport="0" compoundreport="0" reportcolumns="" reportrealcolumns=""></request></requests></rootxmlnode></script>

Also, I have found if I right click on the button and delete from there it will mess up like this. What I do instead is right click on the report and reference an existing procedure, of course this only works if your button is type=submit.

Good luck!
Michelle

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.1.05
Windows 7 Professional
IE 11 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m.
Mostly HTML, PDF, Excel, and AHTML

Posts: 272 | Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: September 30, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi George, No it wouldn't be the prompt. I use this all the time and doesn't mess it up.

Good to see you are on FP!

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.1.05
Windows 7 Professional
IE 11 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m.
Mostly HTML, PDF, Excel, and AHTML

Posts: 272 | Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: September 30, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I managed to make it work by temporarily reducing my code to only the -DEFAULT statements and a dummy TABLE FILE using these variables and the WFFMT variable in a ON TABLE PCHOLD statement.

Copying never seems to work very well. Yes, it's much easier to create a new page. Don't ever try to make major changes to an existing page.

Syntax for -DEFAULT
-DEFAULT[S] &[&]name=value , [&[&]name=value] [;]
I've never considered NOT using quotes around the value - what happens if you have two words in a -DEFAULT value?

I don't use PROMPT.

Thanks.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I just noticed that, according to the quoted documentation, -DEFAULT doesn't appear to expect white-space around the equals-symbol.

In my experience, at least sometimes quotes around a value become part of the value and that's not always desirable. Multiple words wouldn't be a problem for leaving out the quotes, since the line continues after the space.
I'd expect DM to stop reading the value once it is obvious that it reached the next default assignment (I didn't consider that a possibility), in which case a comma in the unquoted string value would be acceptable as well, but we are talking about DM here - it's probably too stupid to properly handle something like that.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post