Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     MSAccess2k3 and that .mas file extension

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MSAccess2k3 and that .mas file extension
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
When you install Access2k3 on your desktop, and try to view your webfocus master file directory,
you lose the .MAS extensions. They become invisible, and i can't bring them back for love nor money. "Hide ext for known filetypes" is unchecked, .MAS filetile is associated with the app TEXTPAD, not MSAccess. All the IT guys have had a go..and nada. Anybody know the trick to re-reveal the .MAS on our masters?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
It happens every time over here when Office is remotely patched on my PC, which seems to be quite often.

Luckily for EditPlus users like me, there's a preference to "Associate in Explorer". I uncheck and recheck the check box, and voila, back to normal.

I once did try to play around with Windoze Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types.

Select MAS. Click on Change. Select EditPlus to "Open With". Click OK. This may work???

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
editplus is for the Mac, yes??
you're a fruit user, Francis???
zowie. that's impressive.
Got any idea for us gates-heads?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
EditPlus is for Windows.

I have a Mac at home. At work it's a PC. I have to say that I haven't found a Mac OS text editor as good as EditPlus yet. But now I can have Windoze on my Mac, yipee!, so I coud run EditPlus on my Mac...

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
ok..help me...i google and only get editplus for the mac.... do you have a site name for the maker?

Expert
posted Hide Post
www.editplus.com

I can share updated syntax files.

Susannah, are you getting Tex-Edit Plus for Mac?

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
yes, found it, thanks, i'm apparently google-impaired today

posted Hide Post
To show all hiden extensions, you can do the following.

WARNING THIS REQUIRES A REGISTRY EDIT

Run regedt32

Select HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.

Search for NeverShowExt

Right click the NeverShowExt Line and Delete it

there should be about 10 of them that are associated with Microsoft Access. Delete all that are assocated with Access.

Reboot.

All of the Extensions that Access was hiding will now show up!

-Brian

Brian Wilkinson
Director of Technical Operations
Quickie Manufacturing
bwilkinson@quickie.com
(856) 829-7900

PROD: WF 7.1.3 on Win 2003/IIS 6/Self-Serve & MRE
TEST: We dont need no Stinking Test Server!

Expert
posted Hide Post
welcome to The Point, Wilkie and thanks for that post. i'll give it a try.
Francis, i've got editplus installed...
can you click me thru how to 'Associate in Explorer'?
I'm not finding it

Expert
posted Hide Post
EditPlus.

The minimum settings for Masters. The others we can do later.

Tools > Preferences > Files > Settings & Syntax.

Add a new file type. Give it a description like " "WebFOCUS Master". File extension is "mas".

Check the "Associate in Explorer" checkbox.

Click Apply. It should happen right away.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
YOU ROCK!
THANK YOU FRANCIS MARIANI
MARTINI OR 3 AT SUMMIT!

Expert
posted Hide Post
I am happy that you are happy. Martini and Rossi on the rocks, please!

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Careful Guys, this topic is fast becoming a virtuoso performance bar one.

Brian,

Nice tip, thank you. Just love that domain name - quickie.com - brilliant Big Grin

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post