Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] ACCORDION reports - customization?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] ACCORDION reports - customization?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,
We are working on the ACCORDION reports in WF.
However, instead of the horizontal expand, we need the expanded column vertically downward.
Eg.
All Contracted
+ England
+ France
All Expanded
- England
2000 4 DOOR BERLINA
2000 GT VELOCE
- France
B210 2 DOOR AUTO
COROLLA 4 DOOR DIX AUTO

My question is whether we can utilize the existing Accordion Report feature and customize it according to this requirement?
OR we would need to write our own JS code to achieve this functionality.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Syed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio

Posts: 189 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Syed,

I don't see how you can accomplish what you want with EXPANDABLE.

Maybe someone else can give you some js code...

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Daniel
Thanks for writing in.
Actually the accordion report feature in WebFOCUS makes me wonder why IBI could not have gone a step ahead and used javascript to provide the expand/contract the way I have mentioned in my previous post.
Nowadays, everyone seems to be asking about this kind of drill-down feature. I have worked on multiple projects, and in most of them, there was a strong need for such a drill-down (expand/contract) for several reports.
I personally feel that the next versions of WebFOCUS should have this feature!

Thanks
Syed

Expert
posted Hide Post
Syed,

There is an old-style way to do what I think you want to do and I used to have a fex to demonstrate it but I have deleted it. It consisted of generating a floating TOC that if I remember correctly would expand the report vertically. My old brain is having difficulty remembering but maybe someone else will recollect. I will continue thinking on this.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Syed,

I found it. Double-click on the little image to expand it.

TABLE FILE SHORT
PRINT PROJECTED_RETURN
BY CONTINENT
BY REGION
BY COUNTRY
BY HOLDER
BY TYPE
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET COMPOUND 'BYTOC 5'
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
STYLE=NORMAL,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Nice!! Thanks Ginny, for posting this workaround.
Though I'm not sure whther the client will be satisfied with this approach, but this is certainly good to know.
It would have been much better if the same fucntionality is achieved on the same HTML page as the report is.
Ginny - Is there any constraints on the no. of records/rows for this approach?

Thanks
Syed

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ginny,

Good thinking "out of the box" to propose TOC!

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Danny.

Not that I know of, Syed. Experiment.

Ginny

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sure.
Thanks for your help on this.
I'll play with this feature and see if there are any limitations.If I come up with any - I'll surely post them here for your information.

Thanks again
Syed

Master
posted Hide Post
Ginny,

The feature is very good. Thanks for that.

After I doubleclick the image, pop window comes up with all data and options. If my data length is more scroll bars are coming in that pop-up.

Is there anyway the window can get extended without popups? Where could I customize the files related to this feature?

Thanks a lot..

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You'll have to talk to IBI about that. I just did the example and don't really have any practical experience. Sorry!

Ginny

Master
posted Hide Post
Not a problem Ginny.
I dont see much about this feature in the documentation too.do you have any?

Thanks

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Check section "Adding an HTML TOC to a Report" of the "Creating Reports with the WebFOCUS Language" manual. There are quite a number of pages on the topic. I also found this reference therein:
quote:
Tip: You can also customize the look and feel of the TOC object by editing a.css file. Go to
\ibi\DevStudioxx\ibi_html\javaassist\intl\En\toc.css. Do not forget to make a backup copy.

Ginny