Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Drill Down causes Agent to Crash

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Drill Down causes Agent to Crash
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have a drill down that passes 2 variables and a field to the detail report. When the data in the field is more than 7 characters I get 'Unknown error occurred. Agent on reporting server XXXX may have crashed. Please investigate reporting server log.'

If the data is Ferris or TOTAL or Consort it is OK. If Consortium it bombs.

It doesn't matter is the output is HTML or EXL2K.

I've got a 7.6.8 Dev. Studio client and a 7.6.2 server.

Here is the style sheet code:

TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N1,
     TARGET='_blank',
FOCEXEC=app/aggregate_offcampus_aid_studentsdetail(AIDYR='&AIDYR' TERM='&TERM' CONSORT_IND=CONSORT_IND),
$

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rick Man,

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
The problem is most likely in the drill-down program - not the drill-down link itself.

I'd start by adding a -EXIT at the very top of the drill-down program, then click on the drill-down link. If the error does not appear, I'd move the -EXIT progressively down the code until the error occurs. Then try to see what the problem is.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If it is the drill-down itself that's causing a problem, I'd recode it to reduce the width of the line of code:

TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N1,
TARGET='_blank',
FOCEXEC=app/aggregate_offcampus_aid_studentsdetail \
(AIDYR='&AIDYR' \
TERM='&TERM' \
CONSORT_IND=CONSORT_IND),
$

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Rick,
You did not explicitely say if this occurs when showing the original report or only when the drilldown is clicked. I assume it is the latter. That means that the error very probably occurs in the drilldown procedure. But, it may also be possible that the url generated is not correct for some reason.
Do a 'View source' on the original report. Look for the drilldown url and see if it is a complete url. If not, Francis' suggestion to spread the drilldown over more than one line might help. If the URL is complete, then Francis' other suggestion will help to solve the problem.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yea Team.
Narrowing the code seemed to do the trick. I qualify it only because I was having an issue that I think was Browser Cache related. Anyway it is working.
One more question if I may. I had this code in the first program, calling program, it doesn't seem to make much difference, if I comment it out or not, except there are times when bouncing back to the prompt screen to change the input parameters I will sometimes get the 'file already open by another user' message, and also sometimes I get the 'To help protect your computer...' message. Do I need this code? It would be nice not to because as we move this into production, another Domain, it is one more thing to change.
Thanks for your help.
-SET &FOCEXURL='http://server:8080';
-SET &FOCEXURL=&FOCEXURL |'/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps' | '&';
-SET &FOCEXURL=&FOCEXURL |'IBIC_server=WFNT' | '&';
-SET &FOCEXURL=&FOCEXURL |'IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF' | '&';
-SET &FOCEXURL=&FOCEXURL |'IBIMR_drill=x,rickmanu/rickmanu.htm' | '&';
SET FOCEXURL='&FOCEXURL'

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
You need SET FOCEXURL for drill-downs from PDF and Excel formatted reports. The syntax is:

SET FOCEXURL = 'http://server[:port]/ibi_apps/WFServlet?'
where server is the server you want the report to run on. Port is optional. I could be wrong, but I don't think you need the other parameters like IBIWF_msgviewer, IBIMR_drill, etc.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Since you're running under MRE, you do need some extra stuff to go into your focexurl. I just do not know exactly what parts you need. Easiest thing to find out is to do a view source and see what is included in the url. Good start point is francis' SET command, and anything you miss comparing with the html version, add it to the focexurl command.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Well its working, but I'm not sure why or how.
Setting
 SET FOCEXURL = 'http://server[:port]/ibi_apps/WFServlet?' 

with or without the '?' didn't work.

What I did do was use Dev. Studio to do the link and that seemed to work, but it didn't put any extra code in.

I copied both programs to another Domain and it worked there executing the one in the new Domain.

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF