Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to configure E-mail credintial inside WF-Reporting Server for notifications

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to configure E-mail credintial inside WF-Reporting Server for notifications
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All

i want to ask about configuration steps to configure My E-mail to recive a notification if WF-Server is down. i set a profile inside Windows outlock mail profiler from :
startMenue->settings->ControlPanel->Mail.

from WF-reporting server WebConsole:
WorkSpace->Configuration->General->E-mail.
i set my SMTP host and the sender e-mail. save and test. but unfortunatly i receive this error:
[Send failed (connection error).].

is it possible to configure the SMTP credintials inside WF-Reporting server?

I appreciate your Help

Regards
Qalqiliano

WF 7.7.0.3HF3 / WinXP- WF-Client & Apache / DevStd 7.7.0.3HF3 win XP.

Posts: 118 | Registered: February 08, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Don't think you can specify username/password in the server's config for email.

But, I have this configured for my own server (769 release) and it works fine. I get emails all the time. But when I try to send a test message I also get the connection failed error. And I know it works ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Gamp

it is strange thing , because it was not work at all with me.

i want to ask, your Mail server is Exchange or web mail hosted out side your Organization.

Regards
Qalqili

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Our mailserver is indeed exchange.
And it has to listen on port 25.
Oh, it could be that the anti-virus software blocks port 25. Check if that's the case.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Actually Port 25 is opened. but i think you configured the Win-admin user that responsible for running WF-Rserver in the Active diroctery domian and that user is granted to access the MS-Exchange Server . our mail server is hosted outside of our orgnization and we use web-mail host with mail account credential insted of Domain and MS-Exchange.

it seem this feature just work with Exchange server. but we need to confirm this with iBi production team.

Thanks GamP Wink

Regards
Qalqili