Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Report Caster client 769

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Report Caster client 769
 Login/Join

posted
All,
we recently installed the webclient 769.
After this installation, we are now unable to successfuly use report caster to send graphs, ie. .jpg, .png, .gif files.
There is no error message, the reports/files are never sent, either FTP or e-mail.
Is this a new feature?
Does anyone know of a workaround?
Thanks,
Kathryn

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.62 OS
Dev Studio 7.64 USS/AIX

Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you have a line like this in your schbkr script in the RC/bin directory?
export DISPLAY=localhost:1

In the WebFOCUS installation guide, there is a chapter on RC post-installation tasks, chapter 8. There is a section in there on how to configure RC for graphs. On Unix, you will need to set up an X Windows server and set the display variable (your unix admins should know about this) or configure for headless Java option.

Let us know if this helps.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ginny,
Thanks for the response. No, that is not that line. I will get with our infra-man and see if he can fix that.
Thanks,
Kathryn

WF 7.62 OS
Dev Studio 7.64 USS/AIX

posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny,
We are on a windows box, so that wouldn't apply to us.
We upgraded from 768 client to 769 with hotfix 4.
These jobs were working before, and now they don't at all. It appears that GRAPH FILE jobs no longer work in our RC.
Do you think it could be a bug?
Thanks,
Kathryn

WF 7.62 OS
Dev Studio 7.64 USS/AIX

Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't know, Kathryn. Your signature says that you are on AIX and USS which is why I gave you the Unix answer.

Please double-check your installation guide for graph setup on your platform to make sure that all is correct. If it is, then I recommend that you open a case.

As an aside, I'm glad that you asked that question allowing me to answer. I had just put WF 7610 on and was testing RC graphs which of course didn't work because I'd forgotten to put my display variable back into the schbkr script. So, thanks for posting! I hope you get this figured out.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post