Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Do we need to reinstall WF report server when changing code page?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Do we need to reinstall WF report server when changing code page?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,

We noticed that the WF reporting server was not supporting the nodic caharacters. We changed the code-page in the config file and restarted WF. It still does not pick up the nordic characters.

Do we have to install WF reporting server again?
If not why has it not picked up the correct code-page?

Robert

WF server 7.6.4 on windows 2003 server.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert Teo,

A message from the darks side, there is!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Robert,

I don't think you need to reinstall. But are you only using the reporting server? No WebFOCUS client? If you do have WebFOCUS client than you would also have to reconfigure webfocus. If you don't then how did you notice that the nordic characters are not being processed correctly?

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We hav an application containing maintain programs. The mainatin program is used to create new items and it is here we give each item a name. I enter some nordic characters and after clicking the save button the name I wrote is changed to non-nodic characters.

No WebFocus Client is used.

Robert

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You say you only have the reporting server. But you're also running maintains.
But to be able to use maintains, you will have to go through some form of the webfocus client, whether it is a full blown install or through the devstudio install. I may be wrong, but I think maintain can only be executed through either servlets or cgi, both of which are part of the webfocus client.
And I think that it is there where the solution to your issue can be found.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, found the setting in WF client.

Robert