Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Another Excel Input Task

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Another Excel Input Task
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,
i am trying to write a master file for an excel input. i have the following situation. in Cells N5 and N15 are static values which i need in the first two columns, and beginning from G35 to I35 to G275 to I275 are the values for the next three columns. The positions of the cells are always fix. I know excel is not the best way to get data, but you cannot avoid excel stuff today.

Regards

Christian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChristianP,

WF Production Version: 7.7.02M
WF Test Version: 7.7.02M
Developer Studio: 7.7.02
HTML, EXL2K, FLEX, PDF,PPT

Posts: 156 | Location: Essen Germany | Registered: December 02, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you need to do it in the master ?

I can think of two ways to do this.

1. Create a VBScript to create a second sheet with the data in the right positions.
2. This looks like it can be done in a TABLE FILE.

Of course this is all guess work.

Could you post an example of the columns and rows of the spreadsheet, and what you expect to get.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Waz,

i would like to to it in the master file to avoid VBScript. As i said two values are in cells N5 and N15, these are static for the first two columns. and the rest is located in G35 to I35 down to G275 and I275. My idea was two write three master files to get the data from the excel sheet, and after that combining the data in a fex with the aim to write the result to a database.

Regards

Christian

Posts: 156 | Location: Essen Germany | Registered: December 02, 2010Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Christian,

You do not need to manually write a master file for Excel.

If I remember correctly you are actually using the ODBC adapter and not the Excel specific adapter.

Open your Excel and select the two cells that you want.

Click on Insert on the Excel command bar and select Name

Enter a name for the range and click add and then click OK.

Repeat the process for the othar data that you want to use.

Set up the excel in ODBC as a System DSN.

Then from from the WebFOCUS server console configure a connection for the ODBC adapter to point
to the ODBC connection.

When you then select create synonym you will see the two ranges as available data sources

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
HI JG,

i converted the xls in csv, that makes the handling much easier!!!

Thanks!!!

Christian