Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] USING ACROSS WITH DATES...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] USING ACROSS WITH DATES...
 Login/Join

posted
Hello there,

I need to have this report with 28/29/30/31 columns, each column representing a day of the month (depending on the selected month).

I was thinking about to use ACROSS, but the catch is that I have to show all days, even they don't have any values. I mean, in August for example, I have to show all the 31 columns even today is 12 and there's no data for the next 19 days.

Is that possible ?

Thank you !

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nakiri,

Webfocus 7.7.0.3 (Windows), printing PDF and AHTML reports

Expert
posted Hide Post
You could use ACROSS fieldname COLUMNS value AND value ..... or even use the MacGyver technique.

Lots of examples in various forum posts, so use search (in the icon list above) on ACROSS COLUMNS.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

Thanks for pointing me in the rigth direction. I'm really new in WF and to be honest, sometimes I don't know even WHAT to search for.

Searching on "ACROSS COLUMNS" I found the answer. Just to close the topic, the link that solved my problem was this one:

http://forums.informationbuild...577089926#9577089926

Thanks !

Webfocus 7.7.0.3 (Windows), printing PDF and AHTML reports

Expert
posted Hide Post
You're not alone in not knowing what to search for. I always try a few different combinations of keywords, but it can be trial and error Frowner

If I reply to posts to use the search function, then I do try to provide a search phrase to point in the right direction.

Good to know that you found the syntax that you need!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post