Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Filtered default olap report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Filtered default olap report
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi -

I'm in a conundrum. We have a table that has a status field and a decimal field. The meaning of the decimal field changes depending on the value of status. Therefore, I can only sum like status rows. But, I'm trying to do an OLAP report against this table and would need to display a specific status as the default/initial report then they can change the filter using the olap pane to see other statuses. Well, the problem is, when I add a WHERE clause on the table request, the OLAP can't override it, so I can't use OLAP dimension to "re-filter" the data.

My current solution is to create a wrap-around HTML that will contain the drop-down selection for Status then after selecting will produce the olap report. But, the user community doesn't like it. So, I figured I'll ask around here to see if any of you has figured out a way to do this entirely within olap before I tell them that it can't be done.

WF 7.1.3 WinXP

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Anatess,
The way OLAP is being done, is by taking the fully evaluated focexec (meaning that there is no more dialog manager code or &variable in the code any more) and storing that into a javascript array. The OLAP applet can then manipulate that code and send it to the server for creating the new report based on the user's selections and manipulations.
This implies that the fex you offer the olap process is the basis of the entire olap session, and there is no way around that basis.
So if you have a WHERE in the original fex before sending it to OLAP, that WHERE will be around in your OLAP session as well.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post