Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Trying to get filter selection logic right in DM:

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Trying to get filter selection logic right in DM:
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hey all,

I've got an HTML form that passes values for a hierarchy of filtering options the user has to choose from. These are:

Division
District
Banner
Store
Department

I need some help wrapping my head around how to write some DM (dialog manager) logic that would run a report with certain params depending on which filters are selected.

So, what I need is: if the user has selected a division value to pass it will run the report with the division params; if the user has selected a division and a district value thereafter, it will run the report with district params. Or if the user has a district selected but not a division it will run the district params against the report anyways. This is the kind of logic I need to replicate for the whole chain of filters.

I'm going to continue to poke at it and see if I can figure it out, but if any of you can think of the logic before me, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Here's what I got so far (Note: The &HIDDEN variable is to let the content know the filters have been passed (if you're curious)):

-IF (&HIDDEN EQ 'Y') AND (&DSDIVISION NE _FOC_NULL) THEN GOTO DivRptSets ELSE
-IF (&HIDDEN EQ 'Y') AND (&DSDISTRICT NE _FOC_NULL) THEN GOTO DistRptSets ELSE
-IF (&HIDDEN EQ 'Y') AND (&DSBANNERGL NE _FOC_NULL) THEN GOTO BannRptSets ELSE
-IF (&HIDDEN EQ 'Y') AND (&DSACCTNO NE _FOC_NULL) THEN GOTO StrRptSets ELSE
-IF (&HIDDEN EQ 'Y') AND (&DDDEPTCODE NE _FOC_NULL) THEN GOTO DeptRptSets ELSE GOTO DivRptSets;

-DivRptSets

-SET &DSDIVISION = IF &DSDIVISION EQ _FOC_NULL THEN '99' ELSE &DSDIVISION;
-SET &forName = 'for division &DSDIVISION.EVAL';
-SET &select = 'WHERE ( SRPROD.DIMSTORE.DSDIVISION EQ &DSDIVISION.(FIND SRPROD.DIMSTORE.DSDIVISION IN SRPROD).Div #:. );';

-GOTO Rpt;

-Rpt
TABLE FILE ...

Will post back if I figure it out myself.

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well everyone, I figured it out.

Here's the working logic:

-IF (&HIDDEN EQ 'Y') AND (&DSDIVISION NE _FOC_NULL) AND (&DSDISTRICT NE _FOC_NULL)  AND (&DSBANNERGL NE _FOC_NULL) AND (&DSACCTNO NE _FOC_NULL) AND (&DDDEPTCODE NE _FOC_NULL) OR (&DDDEPTCODE NE _FOC_NULL) THEN GOTO DeptRptSets ELSE
-IF (&HIDDEN EQ 'Y') AND (&DSDIVISION NE _FOC_NULL) AND (&DSDISTRICT NE _FOC_NULL)  AND (&DSBANNERGL NE _FOC_NULL) AND (&DSACCTNO NE _FOC_NULL) AND (&DDDEPTCODE EQ _FOC_NULL) OR (&DSACCTNO NE _FOC_NULL) THEN GOTO StrRptSets ELSE
-IF (&HIDDEN EQ 'Y') AND (&DSDIVISION NE _FOC_NULL) AND (&DSDISTRICT NE _FOC_NULL)  AND (&DSBANNERGL NE _FOC_NULL) AND (&DSACCTNO EQ _FOC_NULL) AND (&DDDEPTCODE EQ _FOC_NULL) OR (&DSBANNERGL NE _FOC_NULL) THEN GOTO BannRptSets ELSE
-IF (&HIDDEN EQ 'Y') AND (&DSDIVISION NE _FOC_NULL) AND (&DSDISTRICT NE _FOC_NULL)  AND (&DSBANNERGL EQ _FOC_NULL) AND (&DSACCTNO EQ _FOC_NULL) AND (&DDDEPTCODE EQ _FOC_NULL) OR (&DSDISTRICT NE _FOC_NULL) THEN GOTO DistRptSets ELSE
-IF (&HIDDEN EQ 'Y') AND (&DSDIVISION NE _FOC_NULL) AND (&DSDISTRICT EQ _FOC_NULL)  AND (&DSBANNERGL EQ _FOC_NULL) AND (&DSACCTNO EQ _FOC_NULL) AND (&DDDEPTCODE EQ _FOC_NULL) OR (&DSDIVISION NE _FOC_NULL) THEN GOTO DivRptSets ELSE GOTO DivRptSets;

Hope this comes in handy for someone down the road working with "magic/global" filters within the BI portal.

Take care!

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post