Focal Point
[Solved] BID -- New MRE Users Not Appearing in View Builder "Manage Users" List

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6477007916

May 02, 2012, 11:51 AM
John_Edwards
[Solved] BID -- New MRE Users Not Appearing in View Builder "Manage Users" List
All has run just fine up until today. I've created users in MRE, assigned them to groups and then gone into View Builder to assign them default views.

I just created a new user in a new group and with a new domain attached to him. I have created a group view and it appears, but when I go to the Manage Users page there's no new user. They're not on the list and there's no option to fetch new users. I go to the Management option in BID and the user doesn't appear there either.

I created a second user as a sanity check and got the same result. I'm pretty sure I've done this 100 times before without coming across this problem.

All appears correct in the MRE Administration pages, but BID is not recognizing the new users. Can someone tell me what I should look at first? Is there a file that makes a second copy of all the users for BID use?

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Edwards,

May 02, 2012, 11:57 AM
John_Edwards
Update -- my new users are not being added to the worp directory.

J.

May 02, 2012, 12:15 PM
Tom Flynn
You have to log in to the Dashboard as the new user the 1st time. That will create their profile in worp and BID. Then log out and bac into View Builder and assign them...

IBI may have an automated way, or, someone here...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
May 02, 2012, 12:20 PM
John_Edwards
That made the difference. Thank you!

This is going to suck when I import the 2300 users next month.

J.

May 02, 2012, 12:24 PM
Tom Flynn
I suggest contacting IBI about an automated way. It shouldn't have to work that way...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
May 03, 2012, 03:18 AM
Dave
People,

we've got the same problem.

check this post:

http://forums.informationbuild...1078331?r=2941078331

May 03, 2012, 08:26 AM
CLH
We normally set the

in the bid-config to false. What this does if the person is a member of 1 group then when they log in to dashboard they go directly to that group dashboard we don't assign them etc. If they are a member of more than 1 group then they get a list. If this variable is set to Ture then the first dashboard they go to becomes the default, I think may want to read documentation on this. We basically do this so that we don't have to manage the users in the view builder. I don't know if it will work for you but with the number of users we have it works great for us.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows
May 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
j.gross
quote:
Originally posted by CLH:

We normally set the
<internal-var name="goToPersonalViewOnLogin" value="false"/>

in the bid-config to false.

-- Folks, whenever you imbed HTML or XML tags in your post, please remember to escape them using the < / > icon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: j.gross,

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05