Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Join command error.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

i have written the code below

table file pwrccb
print *
on table hold as hold1
end

table file pwrccp
print *
on table hold as hold2
end

join econcer in hold1 to econcer in hold2 as ho2

table file hold1
print history file product plant
on table save as coninfo
end.

i have execute the above code i got the error
(FOC1070) VALUE FOR JOIN 'FROM' FIELD OUT OF SEQUENCE. RETRIEVAL ENDED

How to resolve this error.
end

Raghuraman K

Guru
posted Hide Post
first try this:

? 1070

by typing ? and then the error number you'll get a fuller explantion of the error- have a look at this and see if you can work it from there, if you can't come back and ill let you know how to resolve it...

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor

Posts: 285 | Location: UK | Registered: October 26, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I should stipulate that what i mean by 'type this'

is enter it into a blank fex, the command console or in your code with an -EXIT after it...

quote:
table file pwrccb
print *
on table hold as hold1
end

table file pwrccp
print *
on table hold as hold2
end

table file hold1
on table save as coninfo
end.

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor

posted Hide Post
i am running through the mainfram system i can't the more detail please let us know.

Raghuraman K

Guru
posted Hide Post
ah ive never used mainframe so i can't assume the error has the same cause in that environment even though intuitively i think they would share the same cause,

hopefully some mainframer will be able to sort this out...

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP

posted Hide Post
quote:
table file pwrccb
print *
on table hold as hold1
end

table file pwrccp
print *
on table hold as hold2
end

table file hold1
on table save as coninfo
end.

try
table file pwrccb
print *
on table hold as hold1
end
-RUN

table file pwrccp
print *
on table hold as hold2
end
-RUN

table file hold1
on table save as coninfo
end.

WebFOCUS 7.6.5
Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
i think you shoudl be able to do what i suggested on mainframe - can't see how you can run a .fex on mainframe but not be able to run a new fex or amend the fex you are using...

if you can tell us why you can't do this in mainframe someone may be able to offer a work around

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you check the documentation on joining flat or hold files, you will see that is says that the files being joined MUST be sorted in the same order. Rather than saying PRINT *, say PRINT FIELDS BY SORTFIELD and your problem will go away assuming that the sortfields have the same format (another requirement).

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
it's what i'd have said also, of course i was trying to encourage RK to do a bit more digging, providing him/her with a way of getting more information on an error and enabling them to work out other cryptic error messages in the future...

im pretty sure the ? [error num] can be done on mainframe if it lets you run a fex so they would have learnt that too... Idea

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP

posted Hide Post
quote:

table file pwrccb
print *
on table hold as hold1
end

table file pwrccp
print *
on table hold as hold2
end

table file hold1
on table save as coninfo
end

I have the same trouble... solution

table file pwrccb
print *
on table hold as hold1 FORMAT FOCUS INDEX ENCOCER
end

table file pwrccp
print *
on table hold as hold2 FORMAT FOCUS INDEX ENCOCER
end

table file hold1
on table save as coninfo
end

sorry for the other answer...

WebFOCUS 7.6.5
Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Alternate solution is to have both hold files sorted by the econcer field.
This is the cause of the message 1070, the sort order of both files is such that it is not in all cases an ascending order. The message basically means that a value (in this case for econcer) is found that is lower than the previous value.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
1. On the Mainframe, when you get the prompt > >, just type ? 1070

2. Gerard is right that if you have both (sequential) hold files sorted in the same order, in your example you don't need to create FOCUS files.

3. If you do go the FOCUS files way, the best is to make the smallest file the FOCUS file. The other one can stay sequential.

4. If your extracted files are big (more than 20,000 records) there are techniques using TABLE (TABLEF when possible) and MODIFY, alternate master files with blocked fields, REBUILD INDEX, to make the load process much faster.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post