Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     jquery datepicker and odd select list behavior

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
jquery datepicker and odd select list behavior
 Login/Join

posted
I have recently started implementing jquery's datepicker and an add on timepicker. I'm using this instead of the core calendar to achieve consistent visual flow between the date and time and because I'm placing the entry elements programmatically so my launch page is totally dynamic and database driven.

I've run into a quirk though... when the datepicker calendar pops up it correctly overlays input fields, but does not overlay select lists. I see them in addition to the calendar. I have no idea why or what to do about it I'm sure IBI will say it's jquery's problem and jquery will say it's IBI's, so I'm stuck.

I tried recreating the issue in netbeans, but it seems to work correctly there, but that's sort of an apples to nerf balls comparison because I wrote a very simple ten line html form and ran it through netbeans and glassfish.

Anyone have any ideas where to look?

I don't mind posting pics or code, but it's pretty long code -- lots of HTML, quite a bit of javascript.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Which browser is it you are using ?

I have seen IE (Older versions, not sure about newer ones) always put the list boxes on top.

The solution I had at the time was to turn there visibility to invisible, or was it diaplay to none, can't remember.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently IE 8, our "corporate standard". I don't recall if I recreated the behavior in chrome or not. I think I tried both IE and Chrome at home on the netbeans experiment, but I don't know that it proves anything.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
How about your doctype? Just a suggestion...

I've started sticking this at the top of all my HTML pages, HTML Composer generated or not - HTML5:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>

If it's an HTML Composer generated page, then this is also in the file, but ignored, because of the first doctype:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

One problem with this is that every time you edit the file via the GUI, this is added as the first line of code and must be removed to ensure the HTML5 doctype is used:

<!-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The default z-index for the datepicker (recent versions of JQuery) is 2.

Many launch page controls are created with z-indexes on all kinds of levels, causing them to overlap. This may be your problem.

To fix this, create a style for the datepicker control forcing the z-index to a sufficiently high value, for example:
/* Override default datepicker z-index */
#ui-datepicker-div {
	z-index: 10 !important;
}

It's either that or IE's obnoxious refusal to adhere to standards.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed that all of my input parms consistently have a z-index of 61, where my select parms are all over the place. I made the z-index for my selects all 61 and it seems to have cured the problem. Not a particularly elegant solution, but effective. I'll look into doing it via css so I do't have to remember in the future, it will just be automagic.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs