Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Hold creates master file?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Hold creates master file?
 Login/Join

posted
Since a hold will create a master file can I run a proc and HOLD it and then use the master file that is created to populate dropdonws in my launch page?

Thanks!

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes you can.

If you need to do this in two different programs (one to create the HOLD file and another to create the select box options) then the HOLD master will have to be saved somewhere before you can use it. If this is so, please tell us so that we can suggest the methods for doing so.

Cheers.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Francis, That is what I want to do. I want a fex that creates the master file with all of the data sorted with by fields.

ex.

TABLE FILE LOC
BY USER_ID

BY
plan_id
BY
And then i would want the launch page to have three dropdowns-one for each of the by fields in the above fex.

I need them to be chained together so you only see correct plans according to user_id and locations according to plan_id.

Thanks Again

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you want them chained together, then I suggest you use Resource Layout Painter in Developer Studio - creating chained select boxes on your own can get a bit tricky.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ryan,

You already know that you need to issue an APP HOLDMETA command to save the master?

APP HOLDMETA appfolder

where appfolder is an application folder name

dwf

Posts: 135 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
When I need a drop down list box from values in a file I don’t bother with a hold file. I do a define file, which generates HTML code. I have to give credit Susannah.

If the data changes month, I create a SAVE file in my “batch”, except my FILEDEF points to a .fex (FI EMPLIST DISK EMPLIST.fex) and I use a –INCLUDE. IF the data is changing I use the !IBI.FIL process to get the result into the HTML.

There is some sample code:

DEFINE FILE EMPLOYEE
DROP/A256 = '<OPTION VALUE="' || EMP_ID || '"> ' |
LAST_NAME || ' ' | FIRST_NAME;
END

TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
SUM DROP
BY LAST_NAME NOPRINT
BY FIRST_NAME NOPRINT
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONY
ON TABLE SAVE AS EMPLIST FORMAT ALPHA
END