Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Maintain Help Needed (ASAP)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain Help Needed (ASAP)
 Login/Join

posted
How would I display 1 or multiple offices (dynamically) for Security Type = 3 on a maintain form in dropdown listbox which are populated from a Fex.

Security Type Value String All Flag
1 TEK 0
2 TEKNE 0
3 00001 0
3 00006 0

If Security Type eq 3 and there is 1 office, display the Value String of that office in a dropdownlist box.

If Security Type eq 3 and there is 2 offices dynamically create another drop down listbox under the first office dropdown box with the value of the Value String.

WebFOCUS 7.701
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Posts: 6 | Location: Hanover MD | Registered: September 30, 2011Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
The only way to do this would be to create the second list box and hide it. Then, when the stack is populated, test on the foccount. If it is greater than one, show the new list box and go from there.

It MAY just be easier to always display the second list box, even if there is only one selection.

If I am reading your question incorrectly, please clarify.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No you are hitting the nail on the head. My thought was that this solution was not practical but it was requested nonethelesss.

thanks MARK

WebFOCUS 7.701
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Posts: 6 | Location: Hanover MD | Registered: September 30, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What would be the approach to have something invisible and then when a condition is met then it is visible?

WebFOCUS 7.701
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Master
posted Hide Post
Let's say you are on Form1 and the ComboBox is ComboBox1. When you create the object you would set it's property to Visible - No. You would then use this statement:

Winform Set Form1.ComboBox1.Visible to 1 (or Yes).

If the form is not already displayed you would need:

Winform Show_Inactive Form1
Winform Set Form1.ComboBox1.Visible to 1
Winform Show Form1

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, your amazing for responding and my deepest gratitude. But what if I need to view the field if there is a SECURITYSTK.security_type eq 3 that I need to interpret from a stake.

if 1 row where SECURITYSTK.security_type eq 3 then Winform Set Form1.ComboBox1.Visible to 1 else if 2 row SECURITYSTK.security_type eq 3 then Form1.ComboBox2.Visible to 1. etc. 8 times actually. LOL. Is this possible?

WebFOCUS 7.701
HTML, PDF, EXCEL