Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WebFOCUS 4.3.6

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WebFOCUS 4.3.6
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone gotten WebFOCUS 4.3.6 to run in IE7? I am using -HTMLFORM tags to generate pages and the server times out when trying to do so. It works fine in IE6 and the most recent version of FireFox.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 5.1
Windows
Excel, HTML and PDF

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Are you using CGI calls?
We used to have this problem prior to WF upgrade to servlet.

What we found out was there was some extra stuff in the registry (from windows patching/upgrade) that caused the problem.

Not sure if this is the same problem that you are experiencing, but if you go into your registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Post Platform
and search for .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648 delete it, close all browsers and try again.

NOTE: Before you delete anything in the registry, please back it up first in case anything fails.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Pang

DEV: WF 7.6.10
TEST: WF 7.6.10
PROD: WF 7.6.10
MRE: WF 7.6.4
OS/Platform: Windows
Dev Studio: WF 7.7
Output: HTML, EXCEL, PDF, GRAPH, LOTUS, CSV

Posts: 117 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: February 29, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, is that something that has to be done in the WF Client Web server or in every client PC that needs to access the reports?

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I need to do that on the client PC unfortunately (was a temporary solution until we upgrade to 7.6.10 with servlet calls).
Any PCs that have the few patches installed in windows.

So I would say to start upgrading to the newer version of WebFOCUS as CGI calls won't be support soon I think.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Pang

Posts: 117 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: February 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes we are using CGI calls. Does IE7 not support them?

WebFOCUS 5.1
Windows
Excel, HTML and PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
All I can say is 4.3.6 (circa 2001)? Ouch!! You can ride your bicycle in the middle of the freeway too, but I wouldn't advise it. Smiler You're going to be hard pressed to find anyone that is doing ANYTHING with a version that old. You won't even get an answer from IBI on that one.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I tried searching for browser support on your product but based on this: Web Browser Support for WebFOCUS, WF 4.3 is not even listed!

quote:
Ouch!!

I felt something similar when I saw the version of WF Mike has to support right now, and to think that I used to feel a bit bad myself because I was still working on the "old" WF 5.3.4. Wink

I realize that working on this or that version of the product is something over which we don't always have any control. In my case, 5.3.4 is the environment my current client has and even though there is awareness about some of the interesting features we're missing out by not migrating to WF 7.6 it has not been compelling enough to motivate a change. Internal policies? Budget restrictions? who knows! It is what it is as some say Frowner

One can only hope that, if the whole technology is changing within the organization ("finally" having IE7 in the client PC, for instance) and due to that change some implemented solutions are no longer working as required, then that should be an enough reason to justify a whole platform upgrade even if the cost is high (in terms of price and effort).

Darin's point about the provider's support is extremely valid and one that cannot be taken lightly. I just cannot imagine what would happen if either box where the webserver and/or Reporting Server sits needed an "emergency" OS patch and all of a sudden WF stopped working altogether ... arrggh!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: njsden,

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's true. We started getting more and more problems with server upgrades and compatibilities with the 4.3.6 that we had no choice but to upgrade.

But it's a good thing =) You get to use the new features in the latest releases.

Master
posted Hide Post
In answer to your original question, IE7 probably does not work with 4.3.6. IE8 caused problems with 5.3.2.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post