Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Interactive Reporting

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Interactive Reporting
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I am curious to know if creating an interactive report using webfocus is possible. What I mean by interactive is this:

I create a typical report with ¶meters using Developer Studio (7.11) (in the managed reporting section). But what I would like to do is create the report in such a way that instead of just prompting the user for the parameter, that the user could just turn the paramater On/Off based on whether they need that ¶meter as criteria for that report.

Is this possible and if so, where could i look to find the information on how to incorporate the interactiveness?

-Brian

Webfocus v7.6.1 on Windows XP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I wonder if adding the 'ALL' option to your parameter would allow to do what you want. Do you use a list or just have them type in what they want?

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If a list would work I would use a list, but some would have to be entered.

The idea is that we have many different scholarships...and they all have different criteria. So I would like to make a report that encompasses most of the criteria so that one report would be all that I need to create for a bulk of the reports.

-Brian

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I empathize, you would have to do some behind the scenes branching possibly, I'm still learning all the ins and outs of developer studio myself and we only do to MRE standard reports area here. My suggestion would be to get the most common criteria into one with alterations for the exceptions. Hopefully some of the experts out there will have an example.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Do you mean something like this

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
-IF &INP1 = ALL THEN GOTO CONT1;
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&INP1'
-CONT1
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END
-EXIT

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Posts: 301 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: July 07, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That sounds interesting...but what does ALL mean, in the statment:

-IF &INP1 = ALL THEN GOTO CONT1;

-Brian

Guru
posted Hide Post
It means that I want to evaluate all countries (none are excluded).

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Posts: 301 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: July 07, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
1)
-DEFAULT &MYCOUNTRY = 'ALL';
-SET &FILTERCNTRY=IF &MYCOUNTRY EQ 'ALL' THEN ' ' ELSE 'IF COUNTRY IS ' | &MYCOUNTRY ;
(you'll have to do some more work if you want to enclose your parm value in single quotes)
...'IF COUNTRY IS ''' | &MYCOUNTRY | ''' ' ;
then
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
&FILTERCNTRY
END
...cant hurt to stick a .EVAL after it, although i don't seem to need it.
...i find this easier than keeping track of lots of branching.
..or
2.)
-DEFAULT &MYCOUNTRY = '$*';
then IF COUNTRY IS &MYCOUNTRY
seems to work, unless of course your parm size is A1
..or
3.)
-DEFAULT &MYCOUNTRY = 'FOCNONE' ;
is the more modern way to do it, but moi, je suis dinosaur so i use #1; works for me.
So in my drop down lists on my launch page:
<select name="MYCOUNTRY" .... >
<option selected value="ALL">select a country, if you wish</option>
<option...zillions of others>
</select>

any help?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Susannah.

At first glance I am sure it will help, but won't know more until I dive into this report. It does seem a little confusing to me, but I am sure once I break it down based on my criteria it will all come together.

-Brian