Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] HTMLs in MRE not working

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] HTMLs in MRE not working
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi
I copied my HTML files from EDASERVE to MRE.
When I open any HTML in MRE and make any small change, the HTML breaks.
My HTML files have listboxes that get populated from fex files in EDASERVE. I have specified fex location in the tags.

Am I doing anything wrong? Is there another way to copy HTML files from EDASERVE to MRE, so that the HTMLs do not break?

Thanks
Syed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio

Posts: 189 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Syed,

Leave them on EDASERVE in their respective app folders.

In MRE:

-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE appfolder/program.htm
-EXIT

Maintenance is then done in one area...

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom. That makes sense to me.
However, the security policies here do not allow HTMLs to be stored in EDASERVE. This has forced us to copy all HTML files to MRE.
I have been able to invoke HTMLs from MRE through a URL (by using IBIMR_... parameters etc.)
But this does not give me the flexibility to makes changes to my HTMLs within MRE.

catch 22, I suppose Frowner

Any other ideas?

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I open any HTML in MRE and make any small change, the HTML breaks.

Do you mean in the GUI tools of MRE?

As far as I know, files built using Dev Studio GUI in EDASERVE are not necessarily compatible with MRE GUI tools and vice-versa.

And, how did you "copy all HTML files to MRE"?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Correct.
I used HTML Painter to develop HTML files in EDASERVE. And now I'm using HTML Painter to open and make changes to the HTML in MRE.

Since I have developer rights to both EDASERVE and MRE, I copied the HTML files (right click - copy) from EDASERVE and pasted (right click-paste) them over to my MRE domain.

Is this not the correct way to do it?

Thanks

Expert
posted Hide Post
here, for example, is a combobox tag from a launch page in mre
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; Z-INDEX: 4; LEFT: 70px; WIDTH: 80px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; 
POSITION: absolute; TOP: 20px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #edebf3" tabIndex=4 size=1 name=MYYEAR 
addalloption="0" operation="NONE" selectedvalue=" " datasource="app/bv_ddlist_3fy_v2.fex" 
boundtovariable="1" requiredfield="1457458" datatype="1" sourcetype="typeFex" inchainindex="1" 
chainnumber="0" cacheruntimedata="0" ibiapp_app IBIMR_dir="#tomcorredine" IBIMR_folder="#bvlaunchpage" 
IBIMR_domain="dpmffina/dpmffina.htm" displayfield labelid="text1" accept="0" 
newchainnumber="0"></SELECT>

Do you see how the IBIMR_folder parm, the IBIMR_domain parm the IBIMR_dir parm (that's the reporting group) have all been added?
These parms won't exist if you just copy the file from the backend (that's what the app directories are called in ibi slang) to mre. And you need them.

do you see how the datasource parm has the location of the fex IN THE DOMAIN.
You can try changing datasource="app/fexname.fex" to datasource="appname/fexname.fex"

are your dropdowns chained? that's a whole n'other ball o wax...

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The dropdowns are chained - yes.
How do I copy the files from backend?
Is there a utility which I could use?
I can also ask my admin to do this for me.
Please advise.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syed:
The dropdowns are chained - yes.
How do I copy the files from backend?
Is there a utility which I could use?
I can also ask my admin to do this for me.
Please advise.

Sorry - I misread your post Susannah. I guess its my anxiety that's taking over !
So what you're saying is that I should not copy from back end - agreed.
In which case, is there any other utility which I could use?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
From within MRE, I tried creating a new HTML file using HTML Painter.
Then I clicked on 'To import existing HTML content, click here before beginning your work'.

I then selected the app folder where my HTML resides, and clicked 'Ok'.

This seems to generate the HTML tags mentioned by Susannah. I am now able to make changes to my HTML and run it.

Will I have to do this for all HTML files...that would be some work Frowner

Doesn't WebFOCUS provide any utility for this?
Like import all HTMLs from application folder?

Any help would be appreciated !

Expert
posted Hide Post
you just found the utility.
"To import ..... "

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried creating a new HTML file using HTML Painter

What's amazing is that I can't even do that!

Obviously I am no GUI expert.

I right-click a folder and get New Standard Report > Report Assistant (and a few other choices).

I right-click an existing fex and get Publish (and a few other choices).

I right-click the html document of a published fex and get View, Open, Edit Source. I try Open and I get the source.

Sorry to hijack your posting, but where is the HTML Painter?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Smiler Thanks Susannah.
Hopefully one day IBI will provide such a Utility to import all HTML files !

Till then....happy importing Big Grin

Thanks everyone !

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry to hijack your posting, but where is the HTML Painter?

Francis - right click in MRE domain, and select 'New HTML File'.
Create With option should have HTML Painter selected as default.

Once you click on 'Create', it opens HTML Painter with the following link:
'To import existing HTML content, click here before beginning your work'

Please note that I'm on 7.1.7.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Syed

Expert
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I don't have that option anywhere in MRE. I am an admin in v 7.6.5.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Silly me, looking for GUI in the MRE web browser window! It appears it's only available from the MRE area in Dev Studio.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Soooryyyyyyy !!
I should have mentioned that I'm using Dev Studio.
My mistake !

Expert
posted Hide Post
Back to coding! Smiler

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
From within MRE, I tried creating a new HTML file using HTML Painter.
Then I clicked on 'To import existing HTML content, click here before beginning your work'.

This is no good. When I save the changes and open the HTML again in HTML painter, the dropdowns values are lost !

I was assuming that I'll be able to make changes to the HTML using painter. This does not seem to be the case.

Why is importing into MRE such a big deal in WF ! I develop my files in App Folders, and then move them over to MRE since it is more secure, controlled etc. I don't understand why there's no utility move files to MRE - one which takes care of the filenames/EDASERVE to MRE changes etc.

Looks like we'll have to live with making any changes outside of MRE and them copying the file back to MRE Frowner

...unless someone has a better idea...

Expert
posted Hide Post
Here's a crazy idea: With Dev Studio, have you tried to drag-n-drop the html file from the (self-service) server App folder to the MRE Domain's Standard Reports folder, then open in HTML Painter and Save. Check the code, the new MRE required parameters may be added - then again, maybe not!

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Big Grin that was indeed a crazy idea Francis !
I tried it...but no luck. As soon as I open the HTML in Painter and save it, the HTML gets messed up somehow.
If I open the HTML in Editor, I am able to make changes and save it.
Looks like Editor is the way to go !! Roll Eyes

Expert
posted Hide Post
I suggested this because I have observed that for simple launch forms, this seems to work. I suppose it does not work for forms with dynamically populated form objects. This appears to be a weakness in the product - I would open a case and ask for a new feature.

Meanwhile, welcome to the wild and woolly world of coding Wink

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Francis.
I'll go ahead and open a case for this. Will update this post with additional details on that.

Cheers
Syed

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Just opened a case with IBI - Case# 60622544.

Thanks
Syed