Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Drill through in the subhead

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Drill through in the subhead
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
This regarding Drill Through features in SUBHEAD items.

I have the compound report in PDF format with two sections as mentioned below

First Section:

I have two dialogue manager variable which is hardcoded to 'E' and 'N'

-SET &V_VAR='E';
-SET &V_VAR1='N';

I placed these variables in the subhead of the following table request

TABLE FILE TABLE1
SUM
METRIC1
BY DEPT
WHERE DEPT EQ 'TEST'
ON DEPT SUBHEAD
"&V_VAR+0&V_VAR1"
TYPE=SUBHEAD,
COLUMN=DEPT,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=1,
DRILLTHROUGH=DOWN(JOBGROUP),
$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,
COLUMN=DEPT,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=2,
DRILLTHROUGH=DOWN(JOBGROUP),
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Second section
TABLE FILE TABLE1
SUM
METRIC1
BY DEPT
BY JOBGROUP
WHERE DEPT EQ 'TEST'
ON JOBGROUP PAGE-BREAK
HEADING
>JOBGROUP
END

JOBGROUP will have 'E' and 'N'.

If we click on Subhead 'E' from the first section, control should go to second section where 'E' Jobgroup is present.If we click on Subhead 'N' from the first section, control should go to second section where 'N' Jobgroup is present. But Clicking on E/N from the first section is always taking us to first value as per sort order (i.e., E in this example) in the second section

Please guide us how to resolve this issue.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Example code using the GGSALES or CAR file would be helpful.

I've never used drill-through before, but it appears that the drill-through works on column data values and not on text in the subhead.

I took the drill-through example in the documentation and added what I think you're trying to do.

-*-- Drill-through example
SET ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE
-RUN
-SET &CAT1 = 'Coffee';
-SET &CAT2 = 'Food';
-SET &CAT3 = 'Gifts';
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM UNITS DOLLARS
BY CATEGORY
BY PRODUCT
ON CATEGORY SUBHEAD
"&CAT1| / <+0>&CAT2| /<+0>&CAT3"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=PRODUCT, DRILLTHROUGH=DOWN[CATEGORY PRODUCT], $
TYPE=SUBHEAD, LINE=1, OBJECT=TEXT, ITEM=1, COLOR=RED, DRILLTHROUGH=DOWN[CATEGORY PRODUCT], $
TYPE=SUBHEAD, LINE=1, OBJECT=TEXT, ITEM=2, COLOR=GREEN, DRILLTHROUGH=DOWN[CATEGORY PRODUCT], $
TYPE=SUBHEAD, LINE=1, OBJECT=TEXT, ITEM=3, COLOR=PURPLE, DRILLTHROUGH=DOWN[CATEGORY PRODUCT], $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM UNITS BUDUNITS DOLLARS BUDDOLLARS
BY CATEGORY NOPRINT
BY PRODUCT NOPRINT
ON CATEGORY PAGE-BREAK
HEADING CENTER
"Category: <CATEGORY"
" "
ON PRODUCT SUBHEAD
"**** Product: <PRODUCT"
BY CITY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF CLOSE
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=SUBHEAD, LINE=1, ITEM=2, DRILLTHROUGH=FIRST[CATEGORY PRODUCT],
COLOR=RED, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

I had to change the Parenthesis for [] because of this annoying message: "Sorry, we do not permit the following HTML tag or attribute: Parenthesis in HTML tag". I don't see any HTML tags.

If you click on the first occurance of "Food" on the first page of the report, the report drills-through to the "Coffee" section of the compound report.

If you click on the second occurance of "Food" on the first page of the report, the report drills-through to the "Food" section of the compound report.

This proves that the drill-through works with the data columns present where the hyperlink is placed. The first "Food" hyperlink is where the Category is Coffee and the Product is Capuccino. The second "Food" hyperlink is where the Category is Food and the Product is Biscotti.

Therefore, I don't think you can use SUBHEADs to navigate around in the report, unless someone else has an idea on changing the hyperlink code in the stylesheet.

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis, the following logic will allow you to use DRILLTHROUGH on subheads. It's a little different than what you had in your posting.

-RUN
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM UNITS DOLLARS
BY CATEGORY NOPRINT
BY PRODUCT
ON CATEGORY SUBHEAD
" "
"Category: " "
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=SUBHEAD, SIZE=12, STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE=SUBHEAD, LINE=2, OBJECT=FIELD, ITEM=1, COLOR=RED, DRILLTHROUGH=DOWN(CATEGORY), $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE GGSALES
BY CATEGORY NOPRINT
BY PRODUCT NOPRINT
ON CATEGORY PAGE-BREAK
HEADING CENTER
"Category: " "
ON PRODUCT SUBHEAD
"**** Product: BY CITY
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING, OBJECT=FIELD, COLOR=RED,$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
From playing with it a little, I found that to use parameters in a subhead wouldn't work because somehow by sorting the report by category, that's the value that will be DRILLTHROUGH'd to. That may not make much sense. Basically I'm saying that it didn't matter how many items you put on the single line within each subheading (or on any number of lines within the same subhead), it will always drill to the sorted value.

BY CATEGORY
ON CATEGORY SUBHEAD
"this could be anything"

Clicking on this value in the subhead will cause the drillthrough to go to the sort value for category.

Just put multiple lines for the subhead with drilldowns on all of them and it will become clear what I'm saying.

Ken

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Maryellen>,

Prod - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Dev - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000, DB2.

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ken, I think thangam was attempting to set up a kind of Index line of hyperlinks that would navigate to different parts of the report.

I thought this would work, but I get the dreaded SocketException error:

An error has been detected during server to client data transfer.
ERROR: -12: Pcb2.: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

-*-- Drillthrough example
-SET &ECHO=ALL;
-RUN
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM CATEGORY
ACROSS CATEGORY NOPRINT
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=CATEGORY
  • , COLOR=GREEN, DRILLTHROUGH=DOWN[CATEGORY], $
    ENDSTYLE
    END
    -RUN
    -GOTO THREE
    TABLE FILE GGSALES
    SUM UNITS DOLLARS
    BY CATEGORY
    BY PRODUCT
    ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
    ON TABLE SET STYLE *
    TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=PRODUCT, DRILLTHROUGH=DOWN[CATEGORY PRODUCT], $
    ENDSTYLE
    END
    -RUN
    -THREE
    TABLE FILE GGSALES
    BY CATEGORY NOPRINT
    BY PRODUCT NOPRINT
    ON CATEGORY PAGE-BREAK
    HEADING CENTER
    "Category: <CATEGORY"
    " "
    ON PRODUCT SUBHEAD
    "**** Product: <PRODUCT"
    BY CITY
    ON TABLE SET STYLE *
    TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, OBJECT=FIELD, ITEM=1, DRILLTHROUGH=FIRST[CATEGORY], COLOR=GREEN, $
    -*TYPE=SUBHEAD, LINE=1, ITEM=2, DRILLTHROUGH=FIRST[CATEGORY PRODUCT], COLOR=RED, $
    ENDSTYLE
    END
    -RUN

PS. Why do I get this error when I post this code?

quote:
    Sorry, we do not permit the following HTML tag or attribute: Parenthesis in HTML tag
    There's no HTML here.
  •  
    Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
    Platinum Member
    posted Hide Post
    Francis, I agree in what thangam appears to be trying to do. The reason for my posting was to just provide an example that actually worked. I have tried the above on a couple of occasions and have yet to be successful.

I ran the logic you have above and I didn't get the error. However, I still end up drilling through to the coffee page.

Ken

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
    Gold member
    posted Hide Post
    Ken understanding was correct. I want to navigate through text values on subhead on one section to other sections of my report.

But Ken had tried drillthrough on Across values which is not supported which was the respose in this forum for one of my query.

Is there any other solution?