Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Printing list of reports from dashboard

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Printing list of reports from dashboard
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is there a way for WebFocus to compile a list of reports that are available on each dashboard, their location and the .fex name?

I'm wanting to just print off a list of what reports are on which dashboards.

Any ideas?

PROD: WebFocus 7.6.9 on WinXP

Expert
posted Hide Post
Unless there is an API available, I think you would have to sift through the users personal.xml files to find what you are after.

This I think would only get you reports specifically mentioned in dashboard, not all that are available from the domain.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Shellie,

When you say "dashboards" are you referring to HTML launch pages built with the HTML Layout Painter? If so, are the focexecs embedded in the raunch page or referenced by the launch page?

John

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 225 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Hi Shellie,

This little utility I started working on after hours last week for our dept, so good timing for your request.

I created an MFD to enable WebFOCUS to read the .htm file as a datafile, and a focexec to generate a report with the names of all the focexecs embedded in or referenced by that .htm file.

The MFD is:

FILENAME=READFILE, SUFFIX=FIX, $
  SEGMENT=ROOT, SEGTYPE=S0, $
    FIELDNAME=LINE, ALIAS=E01, USAGE=A500, ACTUAL=A500, $

The focexec requires you to type in the name of the .htm file including the .htm extension, and the name of the application it resides in. This could be modified to prompt for that, or, ideally, some Dialogue Manager code could be added to loop through all the .htm files in a given application.

-* File list_focexecs.fex
-SET &ECHO=ALL;

-SET &FILE_NAME = 'johns_development/non-custodied_assets_dashboard_6-18-08.htm';

APP FILEDEF READFILE DISK &FILE_NAME
-RUN

DEFINE FILE READFILE
    NEW_LINE_1/A500     = TRIM ('L', LINE, 500, '<', 1, 'A500');

EMBEDDED_FEX/A500   = IF   EDIT (NEW_LINE_1, '9999999999999999') EQ '![CDATA[-* File '
                          THEN TRIM ('L', NEW_LINE_1, 500, '![CDATA[-* File ', 16, 'A500')
                          ELSE 'X';

TEST/A3             = IF NEW_LINE_1 CONTAINS 'ibif_ex="' THEN 'YES' ELSE 'NO';

START_POSITION/I3   = IF   TEST EQ 'YES'
                          THEN POSIT (NEW_LINE_1, 500, 'ibif_ex="', 9, 'I3') + 9
                          ELSE 0;

NEW_LINE_2/A500     = IF   TEST EQ 'YES'
                          THEN SUBSTR (500, NEW_LINE_1, START_POSITION, 500, 500 - START_POSITION, NEW_LINE_2)
                          ELSE 'X';

END_POSITION/I3     = IF   TEST EQ 'YES'
                          THEN POSIT (NEW_LINE_1, 500, '.fex"', 5, 'I3') + 4
                          ELSE 0;

REFERENCED_FEX/A500 = IF   START_POSITION NE 0 AND  END_POSITION NE 0
                          THEN SUBSTR (500, NEW_LINE_1, START_POSITION, END_POSITION, END_POSITION - START_POSITION, REFERENCED_FEX)
                          ELSE 'X';

FOCEXEC_NAME/A500   = IF   EMBEDDED_FEX NE 'X'            THEN EMBEDDED_FEX   ELSE
                          IF   END_POSITION GT START_POSITION THEN REFERENCED_FEX ELSE 'X';

FOCEXEC_TYPE/A12    = IF   EMBEDDED_FEX NE 'X'            THEN 'Embedded'     ELSE
                          IF   END_POSITION GT START_POSITION THEN 'Referenced'   ELSE 'ERROR';
END

TABLE FILE READFILE
PRINT
     COMPUTE COUNTER/I2 = COUNTER + 1; AS 'Count'
     FOCEXEC_TYPE AS 'Type'
BY FOCEXEC_NAME AS 'Focexec'
HEADING
"Focexec Listing Of"
"&FILE_NAME"
" "
WHERE FOCEXEC_NAME NE 'X';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
     FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN',
     SIZE=10,
$
TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N1,
     FONT='ARIAL',
$
TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N2,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=10,
$
TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N3,
     FONT='ARIAL',
$
TYPE=TITLE,
     COLUMN=N1,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     COLOR='NAVY',
     JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
TYPE=TITLE,
     COLUMN=N2,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=10,
     COLOR='NAVY',
     JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
TYPE=TITLE,
     COLUMN=N3,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     COLOR='NAVY',
     JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=1,
     JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=1,
     OBJECT=TEXT,
     ITEM=1,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=12,
     COLOR='NAVY',
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=2,
     JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=2,
     OBJECT=TEXT,
     ITEM=1,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=12,
     COLOR='NAVY',
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=2,
     OBJECT=TEXT,
     ITEM=2,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=12,
     COLOR='NAVY',
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=3,
     JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=3,
     OBJECT=TEXT,
     ITEM=1,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=12,
     COLOR='NAVY',
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     COLUMN=N1,
     SEQUENCE=2,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     COLUMN=N2,
     SEQUENCE=1,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     COLUMN=N3,
     SEQUENCE=3,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

This gives a simple report which counts the number of focexecs, provides their names, and whether they are embedded or referenced. Works very nice in our environment.

Regards,

John

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 225 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post