Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
APP MAP issue
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I am trying to create a hold file and report from a single table request. This can be useful for creating and accessing an archive of all reports that have been run for a certain application, as well as for debugging fexes that have errors or need enhancements.

http://www.informationbuilders.com/support/developers/PoorManRptLib.html

Perhaps I have placed my directory in the incorrect directory. When I run the
test.fex below I cannot find the file in TFARCHIV.

APP MAP TFARCHIV P:\WebFOCUS71\basedir\wofitzv1\app\TFARCHIV

APP HOLD TFARCHIV

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR MODEL SEATS
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT HTML
END
ON TABLE HOLD AS HCAR FORMAT PDF
-RUN
-EXIT
? HOLD HCAR
-RUN

Any ideas?

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Does your server have access to the P: disk?

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you have permissions to write to that particular directory? \WebFOCUSnn\basedir is the MRE application directory, belongs to the WF client not the reporting server, and is not written to by users per se but by the WF servlet under the auspices of the user. The other reason you don't want to put it there is that you would have migration issues when you upgraded.

Try doing some thing like:

APP MAP TFARCHIV P:\WebFOCUS71\ibi\apps\baseapp\wofitzv1\app\TFARCHIV

See if that works better for you. You can also point to a completely different directory as long as it is not in the 'IBI' software directories.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
APP MAP TFARCHIV P:\WebFOCUS71\basedir\wofitzv1\app\TFARCHIV

Thanks I will try that.

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR MODEL SEATS
BY COUNTRY
END <---
ON TABLE HOLD AS HCAR FORMAT PDF <---
-RUN
-EXIT

Once execution encounters END, TABLE is gone ... so the "ON TABLE" following END will get a "command not recognized" error message.

In order to create two reports, you either need to make two passes through your data source -- or one pass with HOLD, and then two passes on the HOLD file. You can combine two passes against a single source (*) with

TABLE FILE xxx
PRINT ... ... ...
RUN <--- note: no hyphen [it's a FOCUS TABLE keyword, not a Dialog Manager directive.
PRINT ... ... ...
END

(*) I vaguely recall there was a new feature announced to allow creation of multiple outputs in a single pass. Anyone who knows more about that please chime in.)

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
j.g.,

This is old functionality that was a bonus so we didn't have to go at the data source 2X.

The syntax above is incorrect, S/B:

APP HOLD FOLDERNAME
-RUN 
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR MODEL SEATS
BY COUNTRY
END

HOLD AS HCAR FORMAT PDF

-RUN
-EXIT

Now, you open Adobe, then migrate to DRIVE://ibi/apps/baseapp/hcar.pdf
Works fine for me on 7.6.5, HOLDing in BASEAPP...

Tom

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Flynn,

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post